The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

18 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

He won a cup a cup with what was a Title winning team. Did fuck all at Liverpool considering the squad he had. I don't include the Scotland minnie mouse league.

Put him at an ordinary club with shit players and he's no better than Steve Bruce (imo)

Title winning side - minus the two best players that season, while the third best is on the downhill slope career wise.

22 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

He won a cup a cup with what was a Title winning team. Did fuck all at Liverpool considering the squad he had. I don't include the Scotland minnie mouse league.

Put him at an ordinary club with shit players and he's no better than Steve Bruce (imo)

He's a lot better than Bruce like, but something about his personality really grates me the wrong way. I think it probably grates on his players as well, that's why he never quite achieves what he promises.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

He's a lot better than Bruce like, but something about his personality really grates me the wrong way. I think it probably grates on his players as well, that's why he never quite achieves what he promises.

Yeah, I probs overhyped the comparison to Bruce who is mega shit...... but I just don't rate Rodgers and I think once he leaves Leicester and goes to a lesser team he will be found out for how crap he really is.

4 hours ago, Raconteur said:

Title winning side - minus the two best players that season, while the third best is on the downhill slope career wise.

Maybe, but winning the FA cup with what was still a very good premier league squad, is not the sign of a top manager. He's just gone out of this years cup 4-1 to local Championship rivals in what was a derby game.

Take away what he has done in Scotland and his record in England, set against the resources he had/has, is very poor (in my opinion).

Bielsa sticks to his 1 year contract extensions for context, but if they make a change going off this year's challenges... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/02/10/three-candidates-frame-replace-marcelo-bielsa-leeds-manager/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1644505874-1

Jesse Marsch, Ernesto Valverde and Carlos Corberán will be among the candidates at Leeds United should there be a managerial change this summer. 

Carlos (Huddersfield) was Bielsa's coach and reserves manager before leaving 

Edited by nbthree3

On 07/02/2022 at 14:48, DMLeazesender said:

Congratulations on winning worst post of the year :lol:

so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to begin

On 08/02/2022 at 13:34, DMLeazesender said:

Yeah, I probs overhyped the comparison to Bruce who is mega shit...... but I just don't rate Rodgers and I think once he leaves Leicester and goes to a lesser team he will be found out for how crap he really is.

I reckon he’ll go to a bigger club rather than lesser. The Bruce comparison is ridiculous. I agree that there is something unlikeable about him. Probably that artwork in his house.

55 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I reckon he’ll go to a bigger club rather than lesser. The Bruce comparison is ridiculous. I agree that there is something unlikeable about him. Probably that artwork in his house.

I can't imagine which bigger club would want him unless he went abroad.

I agree the Bruce comparison was a bit OTT but then again all Rodgers won in England is an FA cup and playoff final. I'm no expert but I think Bruce won promotion on more than one occasion and got to an FA cup final albeit over a much longer period in the game.