The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Wolves are in a similar position to what we were in when Rafa walked. I wonder if they'll go and appoint someone like Micky Adams or Kevin Blackwell.

Rafa never walked out on us. NUFC let him go.

Wolves should be a fairly attractive prospect IMO.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

If that was the case he wouldn't have gone to China, lets be honest he went their for the money.

Given he didn't have a job here anymore why can't he do that?

If he was given the tools to do the job properly here he'd have stayed. Simple as that. 

Rafa was from all perspectives; given the boot by Ashley. Offered no guarantees for signings and no investment in the facilties was the same as telling him to F off!

let´s be honest about it, Rafa wanted to stay but felt that he would be letting us down if he did so without the minimum support from the FCB...

1 minute ago, Cf said:

Given he didn't have a job here anymore why can't he do that?

If he was given the tools to do the job properly here he'd have stayed. Simple as that. 

Never said he did anything wrong by rejecting a new deal with us, he turned it down due to the lack of ambition the club showed and the fact he knew he could get a load more money in China.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Think it will serve him better in the long run if he's able to get QPR promoted over a mid table finish with Wolves. 

46 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Wonder if villa offer beale the managers job?

I'd imagine turning Wolves down is a statement of intent. 

Makes no difference. Surface level change of scenery but the problems remain but there'll be a load of even more pointless conjecture about it that I just can't get into.

Its like managerial changes under Ashley. Just cant bring myself to care cos its all bullshit.

Always pleased to see stuff like that. 

Not sure how to feel about QPR coming back up. They're not different enough to be interesting but preferable to the endless Norwich City yo-yo and I was very glad to see the back of Burnley finally. Would be nice to see Blackburn back up I suppose, seeing as it was only truly disgraceful ownership which saw them relegated in the first place; but their results don't scream promotion challenge despite their current position.  

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

That's why he went to China. To win stuff. 

He went to China because there were no viable clubs for him in U.K. and Europe for him to go to. He likes to work, not sit at home or at his villa in Portugal.

May as well earn good money while he waited for the next real opportunity.