The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I kind of love the fact that the first thing Warnock did when appointed manager of Huddersfield this morning was arrange a tour to Cornwall. 

Might have to get myself along to one of the games :lol:

10 hours ago, 54 said:

Celtic are in advanced talks with Brendan Rodgers over a potential return

Think it's the best outcome for both parties tbh, like who else do celtic go for ? Some of the other names linked wouldn't excite you or fill you with confidence if you were a celtic fan, Daniel Farke or Enzo Maresca...

And for Rodgers, back at a big club, massive chance to win a few trophies and with the right recruitment a run in europe, because what is the alternative for him, mange in the championship with Leeds, or wait for midway through the season and join Fulham or Palace or any other mid table club that's struggling,

think Rodgers has been getting  a lot of needless stick, granted he had a terrible season with Leicester, but he had them challenge for the CL spots and won the cup  a couple of years ago. But i think he's a good coach tbh

Edited by GavMcEl

On 14/06/2023 at 12:25, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t Celtic fans hate Rodgers after the way he left last time ?

If I was a Celtic fan I wouldn't be thrilled at the prospect of him coming back. You just know any if any half decent Premier side comes in he'll jump ship again.

On 12/06/2023 at 20:08, Kimbo said:

I think there’s a decent manager in Parker tbh. He’s not in the Lampard/Gerrard bucket.

I had hope and he seems to be a trier, I'll give him that. But I wrote him off after he wrote off Bournemouth's chances so early in the season. That just doesn't seem to be the personality of someone that's going to go far.

Who knows, hopefully I'm wrong as he doesn't seem a bad egg and I've still got a soft spot from his pirouetting prime. I'm all for more Brits trying to actually progress management from the dark ages of Big Sam and Bacon Bitch.

6 hours ago, wormy said:

I had hope and he seems to be a trier, I'll give him that. But I wrote him off after he wrote off Bournemouth's chances so early in the season. That just doesn't seem to be the personality of someone that's going to go far.

Who knows, hopefully I'm wrong as he doesn't seem a bad egg and I've still got a soft spot from his pirouetting prime. I'm all for more Brits trying to actually progress management from the dark ages of Big Sam and Bacon Bitch.

Whilst I totally agree he's better than Fat Frank and Stevie G, I've always thought Parker was a try-hard dickhead.

He totally fucked it in the Belgian league with the equivalent of a top 4/6 PL team. Like the aforementioned, I don't think he knows what he's doing. He just happens to know more than them [emoji38]

11 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

Leicester appoint Maresca.

Do number 2s ever make good managers ? Coaches seem to be able to make the step up but there's loads of examples of assistant's that don't.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Do number 2s ever make good managers ? Coaches seem to be able to make the step up but there's loads of examples of assistant's that don't.

Yeah, I agree. It’s a gamble by Leicester.  I’m thinking John Carver, Mike Phelan, Schteeve McClaren being those that couldn’t step up. I can only think of Mourinho, Bob Paisley (I think he was even a Physio at one stage) and maybe Arteta that have done well. There are probably others (my memory fails me).

2 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Yeah, I agree. It’s a gamble by Leicester.  I’m thinking John Carver, Mike Phelan, Schteeve McClaren being those that couldn’t step up. I can only think of Mourinho, Bob Paisley (I think he was even a Physio at one stage) and maybe Arteta that have done well. There are probably others (my memory fails me).

Ten Hag?