The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Who is the most underrated and overrated manager in the league?

Hasenhuttl for underrated.

I'm tempted to go Pep for overrated, even though he's probably the best manager in the league. His team plays great football and he wins domestic titles, but no CL win in over a decade with unlimited resources at both Bayern and City.

16 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Who is the most underrated and overrated manager in the league?

Hasenhuttl for underrated.

I'm tempted to go Pep for overrated, even though he's probably the best manager in the league. His team plays great football and he wins domestic titles, but no CL win in over a decade with unlimited resources at both Bayern and City.

Underrated = Eddie Howe. 
overrated = Lampard. 

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, James said:

Guardiola  is overrated in the sense that he is nowadays held up as an example of pure football when really he is an unrepentant drug cheat

Ok.

This Jesse Marsch guy taking over at Leeds seems to know his onions.

From the Times;

“I just want help to take the torch to the next phase."

Or

"...I want to do everything I can to take the club into the next stage of our history."

It's going to be pretty hard for him to not take the club to the next stage of their history.

NB those are the kind of achievable objectives a certain Mr Bruce could learn from.

Marsch is a smart guy and a good manager…he’s no PFM. He left NYRB, after leading them to the top of the MLS table, to take a job as Rangnick’s assistant at Leipzig and learn the “Red Bull way.” Won the double in both seasons at Salzburg. Didn’t work out for him at Leipzig, but he inherited a squad not really suited to his style of play either (and one that had lost Upamecano, Sabitzer, and Konate too). Stylistically, he’s a much better fit at Leeds. Remains to be seen if he’ll be able to keep them up, but they could do a lot worse than him in the Champo next season.

3 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Marsch is a smart guy and a good manager…he’s no PFM. He left NYRB, after leading them to the top of the MLS table, to take a job as Rangnick’s assistant at Leipzig and learn the “Red Bull way.” Won the double in both seasons at Salzburg. Didn’t work out for him at Leipzig, but he inherited a squad not really suited to his style of play either (and one that had lost Upamecano, Sabitzer, and Konate too). Stylistically, he’s a much better fit at Leeds. Remains to be seen if he’ll be able to keep them up, but they could do a lot worse than him in the Champo next season.

It would be nice to see an American coach given a job in a top league that doesn't come with the need to instantly turn things around. 

As you say, Marsch did a good job in MLS and is not a stark change from Bielsa. If he can get those key players fit quickly I wouldn't bet against him keeping them up.

Given how much the SF49s own Leeds and want to expand further into the club it’s not hard to link why a reputable manager of brand loving quality was number one target.

Whilst it is always funny to see a “soccer” bro fail I would fucking love them to go to down in the shittest of circumstances. 

20 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Farke leaves Krasnodar without managing a game.

"Which manager was sacked from one club and resigned from his next one despite being unbeaten on both occassions?"

spacer.png

Edited by Kid Icarus

11 hours ago, Disco said:

Given how much the SF49s own Leeds and want to expand further into the club it’s not hard to link why a reputable manager of brand loving quality was number one target.

Whilst it is always funny to see a “soccer” bro fail I would fucking love them to go to down in the shittest of circumstances. 

why is it funny to see a "soccer" bro fail - what has Marsch done to you? 

I don't want Leeds to go down. A lot of their fans are snides but they are a proper football club with strong support. The Leeds friends I have are all sound tbf. 

Really want Everton to go down. So deluded on their forum. Blaming Rafa if they go down. He left them on 19 points after 19 games. Hardly fucked in that position.