The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

10 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Man, that was a slightly tough read. He’ll land a top job soon enough, but hope he takes enough time to properly recover from the disappointment.

Really feel for Tuchel, always had a soft spot for him since he mentioned he would have been interested in the Newcastle job if Ashley wasn't too busy chasing Kinnear or Steve Bruce.

I hope Potter does well. I imagine much will depend on his ability to obtain the trust and regard of big name players, which will be a new challenge for him. 

Probably needs to get off to a good start. Chelsea are a bit of a crazy club at the moment.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

I hope Potter does well. I imagine much will depend on his ability to obtain the trust and regard of big name players, which will be a new challenge for him. 

Probably needs to get off to a good start. Chelsea are a bit of a crazy club at the moment.

I like Potter, but I find it impossible to want any manager of Chelsea to do well. They bought their way to the top of the food chain with dodgy Russian billions. I don't have any objection to that in itself, but they and Man City are in a position of unfair advantage because they were allowed to do so, and teams who are in a position to follow suit have had the drawbridge pulled up.

Just now, GideonShandy said:

Might want to jump ahead at 10:39 when he starts raving about what a "brilliant feller" Steve Bruce is.

He may well be in a one off scenario of a drink in private when you don't suffer watching his teams or listening to his rank patter like we were tbf.

On 15/09/2022 at 19:07, HaydnNUFC said:

He may well be in a one off scenario of a drink in private when you don't suffer watching his teams or listening to his rank patter like we were tbf.

Nah, he's always struck me as exactly the type of bloke who would love Steve Bruce. The share similar football philosophies for a start.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nah, he's always struck me as exactly the type of bloke who would love Steve Bruce. The share similar football philosophies for a start.

Well he didn't have much of a choice tbf. Bruce had at the time the biggest net spend in this club's history hence why he's fucking abysmal, Dyche kept Burnley up for 5 seasons on very limited resources. 

Dyche one of them managers I like but wouldn't want managing my ever team. Just a funny/different character and they've always been part of the game. Pulis another, shit even Mick McCarthy lol.

Edited by Chicane

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Well he didn't have much of a choice tbf. Bruce had at the time the biggest net spend in this club's history hence why he's fucking abysmal, Dyche kept Burnley up for 5 seasons on very limited resources. 

So did Potter and Howe, only difference is they weren't pie eating cunts who tried to stay in the league on percentage football instead of actually coaching.