The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Swansea are great at spotting good up coming managers, they’re just terrible at being patient with them. 

Rodgers

Laudrup

Potter

Cooper

Don’t think Laudrup is/was much good? 

23 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Don’t think Laudrup is/was much good? 

The Dane joined the club at the beginning of the 2012-13 season and led them to ninth place in the Premier League, their highest finish ever in the top division's current format.

He also guided the club to its first piece of silverware—the Capital One Cup—by beating Bradford City 5-0 at Wembley in February.

Signings such as Ki Sung-Yueng, Pablo Hernandez, Chico Flores, Jonathan de Guzman and Michu became key starters for the side and Laudrup stayed true to the Swans' footballing philosophy—sparked by Paulo Sousa and Roberto Martinez, continued by Brendan Rodgers and developed in the cup-winning season.

Went south pretty quickly after that, but to me and I'm sure most of us as NUFC supporters, that Cup win would be success.

1 minute ago, Ameritoon said:

Would be devastated to be a Brighton fan, especially after such a good start. Seems odd for them to not spend just a little bit more over the past few seasons and have a real shot at Europe.

They know their place and won't over-extend themselves like perhaps Leicester did. Fair play to them tbh, it's too easy to get carried away then get left in a mountain of debt if it goes sideways.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

They know their place and won't over-extend themselves like perhaps Leicester did. Fair play to them tbh, it's too easy to get carried away then get left in a mountain of debt if it goes sideways.

Have Leicester really over-extended themselves though?

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

The last analysis (a few months ago) showed they are about 400m in debt. Mostly owner provided loans, but there was nothing posted about how it got so high - the Amex only cost a quarter of that.

Edit: Found it

Swiss Ramble on Twitter: "Thread on Brighton and Hove Albion’s 2020/21 accounts, when they reduced their loss from £67m to £53m, as revenue rose £19m to club record £152m. Debt up to £374m, 4th highest in PL, mainly owed to owner Tony Bloom #BHAFC https://t.co/dFdIbcE1bU" / Twitter

Edited by Teslact

18 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Adam Lallana player manager until appointment is made loooooool

I genuinely hope this turns out to be a masterstroke.

I do feel for Brighton. They've essentially been ripped apart because they've done too well for themselves.

I know we were a part of it, but still..