The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

44 minutes ago, scotia1997 said:

An abject failure in europe, he's had a group of death last year and came up against tough oppistion the year before mate but sure thing if thats what you think:lol::lol:

Last season they got 2 points in the champions league, didn’t win a game and finished bottom. Granted it was a tough draw but should be beating Shakhtar at home and v Madrid and Leipzig it was barely a contest 

the previous season they didn’t even make it to the champions league getting knocked out in the qualifier. 

went in to Europa league and finished 3rd meaning they got knocked down in to the conference league and lost the first knock out tie 5-1 on agg to Bodo Glimt

aye I’d say getting knocked out of all 3 European competition’s at the first available stage in the same season is quite the success at being a failure like

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, rgk_lfc said:

Agreed. That is why I think he will do very well with Chelsea. I know the Chelsea squad looks mental, but there is enough latent talent there for someone like Poch to create an effective team. They also don't have the Europe distraction next season.

Yeah, they'll be close to top 4 again if not in it next season. Trim the squad down, buy a striker, maybe a better keeper and he'll have them flying. 

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

Spuds have started #NoToPostecoglou  on twitter , dear lord 

There’s always gonna be some fans though, I know some Newcastle fans that didnt want Howe in - one of my friends said “Mark my words, the only thing he’ll achieve is relegation”. That’s aged like milk and luckily I’m not the type of guy that reminds him every chance I get ?

Kane should be told sign a contract or leave, it's no good having him in limbo for the next season. However Levy won't be able to take the flak so he'll just kick that can down the road for another season.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can't see any way that next season is good for Spurs. Assuming Kane is going. If he stays that might scratch out something half decent. 

Either way it's a really rubbish time for them, which is nice. 

Sell him, get Raya, Maguire, Maddison and Mitrovic with the cash.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sell him, get Raya, Maguire, Maddison and Mitrovic with the cash.

Yeah, decent, but I don't think Mitro will score anywhere near the goals that Kane has in that team. So they could still end up lower in the points than they were this season. 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, decent, but I don't think Mitro will score anywhere near the goals that Kane has in that team. So they could still end up lower in the points than they were this season. 

Oh Christ aye they'd not match the goals. Maybe they'd concede fewer but would depend on the system I guess. 

7 hours ago, Ben said:

Kane should be told sign a contract or leave, it's no good having him in limbo for the next season. However Levy won't be able to take the flak so he'll just kick that can down the road for another season.

The problem they'll have is what Levy will ask for will be considerably more than what teams would be willing to pay

He'll stay, then bottle it and sign a contract in September 

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Spurs fans should be happy with the aussie manager he plays good attacking football. They're acting like everton trying to dictate who the board hires. 

I think he's a cracking manager  tbh plays good football  and he carries himself well, always dignified and professional, very similar to eddie in many ways, if eddie left Newcastle he would be my choice to replace him....

Lots of rumours on social media that Rodgers is being lined up to replace ange, apparently he's bought a house during the week in galsgow lol

Actually surprising the amount of celtic fans who seem unhappy about him returning, think they would struggle to get any one better tbh

17 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

I think he's a cracking manager  tbh plays good football  and he carries himself well, always dignified and professional, very similar to eddie in many ways, if eddie left Newcastle he would be my choice to replace him....

Lots of rumours on social media that Rodgers is being lined up to replace ange, apparently he's bought a house during the week in galsgow lol

Actually surprising the amount of celtic fans who seem unhappy about him returning, think they would struggle to get any one better tbh

Well he left them in the lurch didn't he? Rodgers

Edited by andycap