The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

We should start a Pardew for Spurs campaign. They can take Ashley with them.

:sweetjesus:

"Do you like one goal victories? Do you like unnecessarily edgy finishes to games? Do you want a gobshite manager to complement your (generally) insufferable fans? Maybe Pardew is the man for you!"

:lol:

We should start a Pardew for Spurs campaign. They can take Ashley with them.

:sweetjesus:

"Do you like one goal victories? Do you like unnecessarily edgy finishes to games? Do you want a gobshite manager to complement your (generally) insufferable fans? Maybe Pardew is the man for you!"

:lol: Not happy losing 5-0 at home to Liverpool? This man can go one better...

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't put anything past the owners of Cardiff and Hull. As relatively safe as McKay and especially Bruce should be, there's no accounting for absolutely batshit mental.

so they have faith in him 4 months ago to the point of spending £100m on him but a couple of bad results (while they remain within touching distance of their goal of the champions league places) suddenly hes not the man. Football doesn't make sense at times

I wonder just how well Spurs expect themselves to be doing, surely they can't expect to be that much higher than they are. But then they always do think this is the year that they'll win the league, at least until it becomes obvious that they won't.

Really isn't looking good for Mackay.

Cardiff City will have no money to spend in transfer window

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan is "extremely upset" after manager Malky Mackay said he was hoping to recruit three new players in the January transfer window.

Chief executive Simon Lim said Tan feels Mackay has sufficient funds to keep the club in the Premier League.

He added ex-recruitment boss Iain Moody had been removed amid a £15m overspend.

"As such, he [Tan] has stated that not a single penny will be made available in January," said Lim.

In a statement issued by the club, Lim said: "Tan Sri Vincent Tan was extremely upset to read quotes from the manager concerning the possibility of new recruits, before he had been informed whether funds would be made available.

"He believes that doing so unfairly raises supporter expectations, placing unnecessary pressure on the club.

"His view is that due to the funds already committed, including the originally-authorised summer transfer budget of £35m that rose to £50m in total, including add-ons, the manager has been fully supported.

"The overspending of £15m has upset Tan Sri greatly, resulting in the removal on Iain Moody as head of recruitment. As such, he has stated that not a single penny will be made available in January.

"Having been the highest spending promoted club and the seventh highest spender in the Premier League last summer, the owner believes that the Manager has been given the best possible chance of retaining our Premier League status."

Iain Moody was replaced as head of recruitment in October by an inexperienced Kazakh Alisher Apsalyamov, who has since been temporarily suspended in a query over his visa.

Moody has since taken up a role at Crystal Palace.

Mackay's comments came after Saturday's 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion , with the Scotsman suggesting he would like to strengthen his squad.

"It would be great if we can bring in three quality additions to the squad," said Mackay.

"I would look to strengthen all three departments in terms of a defender, a midfielder and an attacking player."

Mackay, however, praised the club's board for the backing they gave him during the summer, and that he was awaiting guidance from them as to how much he will have to spend next month.

"I will talk to my chairman (about January) who will then discuss it with his board of directors and our owner and I will take my lead from them," he said.

"It's up to them then what financially they want to spend in January.

"I've got my lists of players, whether they be permanent targets or loans for various positions. We've got to try and strengthen again."

Cardiff are lying in 15th place in the Premier League after gaining promotion from the Championship last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25409755

I wonder just how well Spurs expect themselves to be doing, surely they can't expect to be that much higher than they are. But then they always do think this is the year that they'll win the league, at least until it becomes obvious that they won't.

Performances. Poor, unconvincing to spineless.

This. It feels worse than it really is. The players look lost and the fans are bored/apathetic. In reality, they have more points than they did last season at this stage despite losing the league's top performer from last season.