The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Sherwood is awesome. I like him more and more everytime i hear his interviews, proper ballsy b******!  :lol:

You seem to have a thing for cuntish managers

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWQ3YOMtJaM/UEsnJKgjdkI/AAAAAAAACo0/miO-N7XEaFA/s320/black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Purely because Shearer was in his team? That's silly. Shearer was a magnificent striker then and got 34 goals in 42 games which is obviously fantastic but come on.

They were obviously a decent side but certainly the best example of a one-man team to have won the title in the PL era.

Purely because Shearer was in his team? That's silly. Shearer was a magnificent striker then and got 34 goals in 42 games which is obviously fantastic but come on.

They were obviously a decent side but certainly the best example of a one-man team to have won the title in the PL era.

Well, yeah, goes without saying. Takes far more than one man to play the type of football they did, though.

Tim Sherwood picked Kyle Walker to play right wing, as some ridiculous attempt to "nullify" hazard, and so should look at himself first IMO. Absolute joker.

Funny you say that. One of Hazard's most ineffective games for a while.

Chelsea concede very few goals at the best of times and Spurs were averaging less than 1 a game before Sherwood took over anyway. Just seems like you're trying to manufacture blatant errors when overall he's done a good job for them so far.

Thought Sherwood's comments were pretty funny really.

The results have been similar to AVB's. Generally scraping victories against teams below them and getting thoroughly outclassed by teams above them. He's done alright with them given his lack of experience. Not that that represents progress currently for Spurs, they obviously need a better manager if they're going to get back into the Champions League anytime soon.

Well, yeah, goes without saying. Takes far more than one man to play the type of football they did, though.

Hendry, Ripley & Wilcox were just as important imo. Those two wingers were made for that strike force. Just skin the full back & whip in a cross. Made for Shearer that. And Hendry was a fucking beast.

Wasn't Sherwood quoted as recently saying he likes his attackers to attack and his defenders to defend, or words to that effect?  IIRC, it's quite an antiquated view of football that will automatically impose a glass ceiling on him.

Wasn't Sherwood quoted as recently saying he likes his attackers to attack and his defenders to defend, or words to that effect?  IIRC, it's quite an antiquated view of football that will automatically impose a glass ceiling on him.

He's that annoying guy in the pub who preaches 'common sense' and somehow he's got the job.

Being a bit OTT he's not been disasterous (as I presumed he might be) but how do you get so arrogant and bullish about how you've done so soon in a job you're lucky to have  :lol:

Hendry, Ripley & Wilcox were just as important imo. Those two wingers were made for that strike force. Just skin the full back & whip in a cross. Made for Shearer that. And Hendry was a fucking beast.

They were certainly important, but i wouldn't say as important. Shearer in those days thrived on crosses but he was also scoring all kinds of goals from all over the place, remember him belting in loads from distance in particular.

Anyway, back on topic, I think Sherwood comes across as a complete nob and I'm looking forward to him disappearing back into obscurity.

Put it this way, 12 months later, I reckon we'd have won the title if we'd had Flowers rather than Shaka, or Hendry alongside Albert, yet still won it minus Shearer. If you put Shaka or Peacock (I know he did a job for us) in for either of those two, I doubt they'd have won it.

He's that annoying guy in the pub who preaches 'common sense' and somehow he's got the job.

Being a bit OTT he's not been disasterous (as I presumed he might be) but how do you get so arrogant and bullish about how you've done so soon in a job you're lucky to have  :lol:

It was that 'arrogant and bullish' attitude that got him the job in the first place?

Sherwood's done okay like.

Chelsea aren't the best at breaking defensive sides down. All of their best chances 11 vs. 11 came from genuine horrendous defensive individual mistakes. A 0-0 would've been a good result for them. Silly mistakes cost them then a capitulation which would make any manager very mad. 

Put it this way, 12 months later, I reckon we'd have won the title if we'd had Flowers rather than Shaka, or Hendry alongside Albert, yet still won it minus Shearer. If you put Shaka or Peacock (I know he did a job for us) in for either of those two, I doubt they'd have won it.

I think we'd have won it in 95/96 if we'd have had Shearer instead of Sir Les.

Are there any English managers working today who don't share this viewpoint to some extent?