The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Feel like it'll go wrong as he's an up and coming who should be grateful for the job, he'll have to endure Levy's ridiculous conditions and won't be able to do the job properly.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

That is going to be fascinating, its either going to work spectacularly well, or back fire in their face, no in-between really.

Irritatingly I think he’ll do well. 

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Feel like it'll go wrong as he's an up and coming who should be grateful for the job, he'll have to endure Levy's ridiculous conditions and won't be able to do the job properly.

He's not up and coming, he's quite experienced just not in Europe.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Exactly. Did we learn nothing when our delightful media took this piss out of Wenger? “Arsenal who” was the headline.

29 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I probably phrased that badly. He's "on the up" i.e Spurs would be by far the biggest job he's ever had. Unlike Conte and Jose before him.

Seems really level headed whenever I've seen him interviewed and Celtic fans love him.

He'll struggle to replicate his success with signing Japanese players at Spurs so interesting to see how he does

58 minutes ago, Pilko said:

He's a victim of European teams not focusing much on Asia and Australia for coaching talent.

I do agree, I think he'll struggle. Postecoglu definitely has a few systems in his locker, but if Celtic was anything to go by he needs fullbacks that are good on the ball and a midfielder that can join the attack and be a penalty box threat - like Willock or Joelinton.

Maybe he throws in Djed Spence and Udogie for those full back roles, but they still need to make several big decisions to replace GK/CB options as well as the Kulusevski deal. That's so much for him to get right in one summer and at a time when the top six is going to be ridiculously competitive next season. If Levy has the patience it can work, but I don't think so.

Edited by Viana

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Seems really level headed whenever I've seen him interviewed and Celtic fans love him.

He'll struggle to replicate his success with signing Japanese players at Spurs so interesting to see how he does

Absolutely.

He's also a strong bloke - I can't see him taking bullshit lightly, but whether he'll take it from Levy will remain to be seen.  This'll be the best job he could hope to get in his career, no question.