The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

To be fair, Pozzos have always been about player transfers pure and simple. Without them, Watford would just be another meddling Championship club (at best), while Udinese would probably play way outside of realms of Serie A, let alone have a wonderful new ground. I understand why their model isn't universally popular, but it's not like they have a sovereign oil rich state behind them. Silva does come across as a bit of an arrogant character, and their run was well rotten. There are some good players there (I rate Richarlison and Doucore, Kabasele looks promising) and their aim is to survive anyway. At least, they will never employ a Pardew or a Lambert, you can bet on it. Also, for all the "mental" talk, when they sold Granada to the Chinese media guy (name escapes me, but he also owns Parma and a minor share in Minnesota Timberwolves) he specifically praised them for the shape the club infrastructure was in and the books in order. Rumor has it, they are about to buy Tondela in the Portuguese Primera, so that it would be easier to bring even more talent from South America for resale. Not everyone's cup of tea, understandably, and we can go on and on how the game is dead and all that, but personally I would much rather have football business people involved at clubs the size of Watford or Udinese, than a guy like Ashley, no matter how much wealthier he might be.

Also, NEVER a boring transfer window with them, an ultimate dream for any FM addict :)

They started this bad run right after the Everton approach and it's referenced in the club statement; maybe it really did cause irreparable damage to Silva's relationship with people at the club. Mix that with Watford's general eagerness to pull the trigger and it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

I did like when I first heard about the sacking and Googled it, the top result was still 'Silva confident his job is safe'. :lol:

Didn't they turn down loads of money for him a few months ago? Do think he's overrated by some mind

I think the overrating is more of a defence mechanism against bellends like 'Merse' and 'Thommo' being apoplectic at 'proper' British men being overlooked for a fancy foreigner. I'm happy to admit I'm petty enough that that's the only reason I'm rooting for him.

They started this bad run right after the Everton approach and it's referenced in the club statement; maybe it really did cause irreparable damage to Silva's relationship with people at the club. Mix that with Watford's general eagerness to pull the trigger and it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

I did like when I first heard about the sacking and Googled it, the top result was still 'Silva confident his job is safe'. :lol:

If this is true, Silva has been incredibly unprofessional tbh. Otherwise it's a ridiculous decision to sack him imo.

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/silva-sacked.54070/

Watford fans seem pretty happy about it. 1 win in 11 I think it is for them. They were looking unlikely to recapture that early season form too. Mind, Id say that constantly changing managers has to catch up with them one day like.

Can't blame them, he did look like he didn't want to be there since the Everton interest. He's still a good manager though, even if Custis and other Sky experts don't think so. "He got Hull RELEGATED!!"

Didn't they turn down loads of money for him a few months ago? Do think he's overrated by some mind

I think the overrating is more of a defence mechanism against bellends like 'Merse' and 'Thommo' being apoplectic at 'proper' British men being overlooked for a fancy foreigner. I'm happy to admit I'm petty enough that that's the only reason I'm rooting for him.

Aye, I agree with that, should have mentioned it