The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Why do clubs without a manager always seem to appoint a new manager just before they play us?

Just thinking this. If they win Pardew will probably refer to that new manager 'boost' a team gets.

:lol:

I always wonder why people like Warnock, Pardew, and other confirmed shit managers who've never really had any success, keep getting hired by new clubs over and over. Surely it'd be better to take a chance on an up and comer than to go bring in a manager who has been confirmed as shitte over the years.

Warnock is the most blatant 'in case we go down' appointment I've ever seen. With or without Pulis, this is the best chance they've had to consolidate a Premier League position in decades. Fucking barmy.

I always wonder why people like Warnock, Pardew, and other confirmed s*** managers who've never really had any success, keep getting hired by new clubs over and over. Surely it'd be better to take a chance on an up and comer than to go bring in a manager who has been confirmed as shitte over the years.

Warnock did a decent job for Palace previously.... in the Championship. Would've gotten a side with no cash to the play-offs if not for the club going into administration.

There's not many decent PL experienced managers around tbf.

I always wonder why people like Warnock, Pardew, and other confirmed s*** managers who've never really had any success, keep getting hired by new clubs over and over. Surely it'd be better to take a chance on an up and comer than to go bring in a manager who has been confirmed as shitte over the years.

Warnock did a decent job for Palace previously.... in the Championship. Would've gotten a side with no cash to the play-offs if not for the club going into administration.

Warnock doesn't even really have Premier League experience.

Hasn't he only got the 1 season with Sheffield where he got relegated and the 6 months with QPR before he got sacked?

Hasn't he only got the 1 season with Sheffield where he got relegated and the 6 months with QPR before he got sacked?

I guess that's my point is, I might rather take a shot on a manager who doesn't have premier league experience instead of one who has proved over and over that they can't hack it at this level. Maybe that is not conservative enough though, and if I had however many billion dollars invested in the club I might be less willing to take risks...

Still, it's like a decision between a guy who will probably suck, and a guy who will definitely suck and has sucked 3 times in a row already.

Guest chopey

I predict Saturday's game will be one of the worst in premier league history, two teams that don't want to get beat and can't score

He managed Notts County in the top flight many moons ago.

I predict Saturday's game will be one of the worst in premier league history, two teams that don't want to get beat and can't score

Palace have scored 5 times as many goals as us this season so far.