The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

Terms of succeeding for Real Sociedad are competing for an European slot. They are smaller than Everton in the EPL, I'm a bit surprised he didn't hold out for a bigger club. That said, I'm pleased that he tried something new, and by having him in Spain.

So, if you were to compare Real Sociedad to an EPL team, would that be Everton?

He answered that one before you asked it.  :lol:

Didn't see that, read it way too fast. It's late  :lol:

So Real Sociedad is like Everton. Think Moyes might get them to 10th, then? I don't know if there are many good teams in Spanish football apart from Barca, RM and Atletico Madrid? Apart from the top 3? 4? are the teams pretty even?

So Real Sociedad is like Everton. Think Moyes might get them to 10th, then? I don't know if there are many good teams in Spanish football apart from Barca, RM and Atletico Madrid? Apart from the top 3? 4? are the teams pretty even?

They'll be aiming higher than 10th I would've thought given their last few seasons

They'll be aiming higher than 10th I would've thought given their last few seasons

They have lost several of the players that got them there though. Anyway, it's an ambitious appointment for them, certainly means they are aiming for Europe instead of being content with life in midtable.

Hope he succeeds, good on him for trying somewhere other than England.

Couldn't agree more.

Hope he massivley rekindles his career. Seems an honest and likeable lad.

Far too few of our players, coaches and managers get experience abroad and I'm convinced that is a major factor in why we haven't seen as much success at a national level.

Couldn't agree more.

Far too few of our players, coaches and managers get experience abroad and I'm convinced that is a major factor in why we haven't seen as much success at a national level.

Aye - hope he does well.

Couldn't agree more.

Aye - hope he does well.

This. I think it will be the making of him if he's given time to adapt and learn a new league. If/when he comes back he'll be a better manager for it.

Guest antz1uk

he only gave him the voteof confidence on Tuesday, and when i say that, Whelan is known to back his managers. surprised at that one

Word has it that Malky is about to sign the contract to become Wigan manager in exactly one hour's time.

Vincent Tan is just spell-checking the "Malky is a mega-paedo" dossier which is due out in about 58 minutes.