The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Totally smacks of owners who have the best intentions for the club by trying to emulate the likes of Southampton but this will fail miserably.

This is the opposite tbf, they hired young, progressive managers. Leicester have hired a past it old man who has let the game pass him by.

Aye fair enough about the age gap.  What I meant was Southampton binned Adkins when he was doing okay to the outrage of the football world (well his fellow average English managers).  They then obviously appointed the right man in Poch. 

My point is Leicester have tried to do similar in binning Perason and appointing probably a more 'glamorous' foreign coach

Pearson only got sacked because he's evil, he did a great job for them and he'd definitely have been given at least another season if he wasn't psychotic. I'd be very surprised if Ranieri finished higher than the 14th they achieved last season, he probably won't finish the season at all.

Totally smacks of owners who have the best intentions for the club by trying to emulate the likes of Southampton but this will fail miserably.

This is the opposite tbf, they hired young, progressive managers. Leicester have hired a past it old man who has let the game pass him by.

Aye fair enough about the age gap.  What I meant was Southampton binned Adkins when he was doing okay to the outrage of the football world (well his fellow average English managers).  They then obviously appointed the right man in Poch. 

My point is Leicester have tried to do similar in binning Perason and appointing probably a more 'glamorous' foreign coach

Fair enough. :thup:

He's a character, but that seems like all he's got going for him at the moment. Like everyone else I can't see him doing a full season there and he's treading very near becoming the joke Sven is in terms of job hopping.

Love Ranieri. Certain relegation candidates this year though.

Cambiasso would have been a better appointment, based on his leadership alone.

I suspect the players will like Claudio though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33513290

BBC Sport's Gary Lineker, a former Leicester striker, said of the appointment: "Claudio Ranieri? Really?" then "Claudio Ranieri is clearly experienced, but this is an uninspired choice by Leicester. It's amazing how the same old names keep getting a go on the managerial merry-go-round."

Different when it's his own team.

Precisely.

His performance as Greece manager was Carver-esque, really strange appointment by Leicester.

Seems like a backwards step which is pretty hard from Nigel Pearson.

Strange comment. Pearson's an arsehole but he's clearly at worst a mediocre manager.

His performance as Greece manager was Carver-esque, really strange appointment by Leicester.

Strange comment. Pearson's an arsehole but he's clearly at worst a mediocre manager.

But with dollops of mentalist in the mix it makes him a more unattractive proposition no? You can be mental and brilliant but not mental and mediocre.

Looking at Ranieri's last employment stint I wouldn't even consider him a mediocre manager, much worse.

• 2 weeks later...