The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I think having Ferguson constantly looking on from the stands is holding them back tbh. A constant reminder that the success he gave them is the yardstick to which the current incumbent will be measured. Every time Man U let a goal in under Moyes the camera would pan to a disappointed looking Ferguson in the crowd, he was on a hiding to nothing. Not looking forward to the prick dominating the fawning media either, deliberately creating controversy and winding folk up. They can get fucked.

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't even criticise it because he's Mourinho.

Media still love him, for the same reason why they never bring up Pardew winning like twice in 20 something games they'll ignore his boring football where they didn't with Van Gaal.

I was just starting to warm to LVG to be honest, sort of like the guy sometimes.

I've always liked Mourinho, makes me feel a bit dirty to admit it but I do :lol: He'll do very well there imo, next season will be a cracker with some great managers and some big teams willing to spend money.

Will be a very competitive league next season.

Great move if it happens, reckon it's a step down for him though.

I agree; but you have to consider the money factor too; he'll more than likely quadruple his salary

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho will probably win the league for Man Utd at some point, but it won't be a legacy he creates or leaves when he leaves as he's an instant kind of success manager and his kind of success cannot be sustained.

Man Utd and the likes of Chelsea and City will constantly change managers like Real Madrid do and while they will always win trophies, nothing will feel long lasting like with Fergie or Wenger at Arsenal.

Mourinho basically guarantees trophies and success, but I wouldn't be happy if I were a Man Utd fan with him in charge, not when City have Guardiola and Liverpool Klopp. It will be dull, cost a fortune and will be at the expense of youth and the future.

Mourinho needs to do a Rafa and get himself a project to really show how good he is. Go and join Everton or something.

Leicester have shown major honours can be won without being a Man Utd or a City or a Chelsea. Obviously they are the exception to the rule, but I dunno I think the landscape of football and especially the Premier League is changing. All that money is actually evening things up.

Its tragic that we will probably end up with Rafa as our manager while stuck in the Championship in a period where Ashley is actually allowing the club to spend good money. Imagine Rafa with a transfer kitty of £80m + man...

We would be serious contenders for the top 6 and maybe looking towards the top 4.

Mourinho will probably win the league for Man Utd at some point

Maybe my dislike for the guy is clouding my judgement, but I really can't see him winning a league title with ManU.

Given the current set up he's walking into I can't see him winning a title in the next couple of seasons. And given how Mourinho operates if he doesn't win one in that time, things could get rather nasty.