The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

Villa's fans and owner want instant results. Steve Bruce will be sacked before he gets Villa promoted, therefore it's not a solid appointment.

What utter bullshit.

We've won 4 league matches from our last 51. Try finding other fans who have put up with worse than that.

We don't want "instant" results, we just want the faint hope of a result every now and then.

The thing about this side is it isn't actually that bad. We have turned 5 or 6 wins into draws in the last five minutes of matches. Fix that and there's a huge improvement straight away. Bruce would be a good shout.

Figures in utter bullshit shocker.

At least the pundits were right and he was definitely a better manager than Rafa in the Championship.

:lol:

Did think he would last longer than a couple of months.

More so down to the corruption thing than footballing reasons IMO.

Villa's fans and owner want instant results. Steve Bruce will be sacked before he gets Villa promoted, therefore it's not a solid appointment.

What utter bullshit.

We've won 4 league matches from our last 51. Try finding other fans who have put up with worse than that.

We don't want "instant" results, we just want the faint hope of a result every now and then.

The thing about this side is it isn't actually that bad. We have turned 5 or 6 wins into draws in the last five minutes of matches. Fix that and there's a huge improvement straight away. Bruce would be a good shout.

Sherwood hounded out after 10 games. Di Matteo hounded out after 11 games. Garde given half a season with a team that was already in a terrible decline.

If your fans don't want instant results and see a huge rebuilding process, why were they calling for Di Matteo's head after 20 minutes away at Preston? If Bruce comes in with a similar win rate to Di Matteo after 11 games, will he be sacked?

Should have made an appointment in the summer and stuck with it for at least the majority of the season, there is no threat of Villa going down this season so why not give Di Matteo the chance to turn it around? Sorting out the problems at Villa will take more than 11 games.

Regarding the Bruce appointment, having re-thought I'm willing to accept that it's the most solid appointment Villa could have made. So yes, I was wrong.

What utter bullshit.

Sherwood hounded out after 10 games. Di Matteo hounded out after 11 games. Garde given half a season with a team that was already in a terrible decline.

If your fans don't want instant results and see a huge rebuilding process, why were they calling for Di Matteo's head after 20 minutes away at Preston? If Bruce comes in with a similar win rate to Di Matteo after 11 games, will he be sacked?

Should have made an appointment in the summer and stuck with it for at least the majority of the season, there is no threat of Villa going down this season so why not give Di Matteo the chance to turn it around?

Regarding the Bruce appointment, having re-thought I'm willing to accept that it's the most solid appointment Villa could have made. So yes, I was wrong.

Are you actually doing this?

What utter bullshit.

Should have made an appointment in the summer and stuck with it for at least the majority of the season, there is no threat of Villa going down this season so why not give Di Matteo the chance to turn it around?

Sherwood - Lost the dressing room, was an utter dick, a blamed everything but himself, I would have though someone who had to put up with Pardew for years would have sympathy for the fans.

Garde - the fans didn't want to get rid of, atleast from what Brummie has said, but results werent good, and with him in charge for the majority of the season, they only managed 17 points.

Di Matteo - Has Villa sitting 19th only 2 points above the relegation zone, after an awful start and supposedly playing dogshite football, if he'd continued they'd more then likely been in a relegation fight all season.

Like Brummie said, they've won 4 games in 51, all fans no matter what club they support, are going to demand better then that, and to think otherwise is just plain dumb.

What utter bullshit.

A Newcastle fan having a go at one of the very few clubs that have an even shitter record than us in the last few years for 'hounding out' managers. After what we went through with the Pardew stuff. Couldn't make it up.

What utter bullshit.

A Newcastle fan having a go at one of the very few clubs that have an even shitter record than us in the last few years for 'hounding out' managers. After what we went through with the Pardew stuff. Couldn't make it up.

http://wifflegif.com/gifs/613321-iron-man-irony-gif

Bob's a good dude, and a solid manager. Glad he's finally getting his chance in a big league. Europe's always been a wasteland for American managers, but we could have two in the Premer League between him and Wagner next season.

Nah, man, that dude's Jorman. Sorry for being tardy.

Always thought Bruce is one of those managers who isn't actually as bad as people like to make out.  Always has this reputation as a joke of a manager, but his record is reasonably good.  Memory could be failing me, but he leaves most teams in better shape than he found them.

Always thought Bruce is one of those managers who isn't actually as bad as people like to make out.  Always has this reputation as a joke of a manager, but his record is reasonably good.  Memory could be failing me, but he leaves most teams in better shape than he found them.

Always thought he was very, very limited. I'd have faith in him getting a team up and keeping them up on a reasonable budget.

I'd never in a million years dream of giving him wedge to blow in an attempt to push a club on into the top half of the prem though, for example.