The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Swansea very trigger happy in general. Last 3 managers been let go pretty early

I think that's the way it has to be nowadays. We tried the old school approach with McClaren and that clearly didn't work out. Sunderland and Swansea sacked their managers quick and they survived relegation.

My goodness.

Could you imagine if we were going through what Villa are at the minute?

Must be so depressing man. Damn.

what do you mean, relegation and a s*** owner making mental decisions?  think we've paid our dues tbh

I meant having already suffered relegation, and now suffering this humiliation in the Championship, having spent the money they did.

They weren't trigger happy with Monk, their form was poor for a good number of months.

I'd say two/three month is trigger happy considering their form from the beginning of his reign.

Guest neesy111

They weren't trigger happy with Monk, their form was poor for a good number of months.

I'd say two/three month is trigger happy considering their form from the beginning of his reign.

From a swansea fan I know, they were bad from February last year onwards minus a good start to last season.

Guest neesy111

I don't get why Newcastle fans should be questioning whether Swansea are being trigger happy or not.  Considering where they've came from, I'd argue they've got them spot on.  Laudrup was going to relegate them it seems less than a year after winning a trophy.

Guest neesy111

He'd also achieved Swansea 's highest ever league finish

1 win in 11 is enough to get any manager the sack.

It would take Wagner a while to implement what he wants at Villa I imagine, can't see there being a quick turnaround so yeah it would be great for us.

Huddersfield would lose their manager and I doubt Villa would improve quick enough to make a difference to us.

Definitely. Huddersfield could lose their momentum earlier than expected and Villa could start getting more points off from our promotion rivals. Saying this, i'm not sure he would like to go there, at least not this season.

He won't get a better opportunity to get a big job imo. Right now his star is at it's highest, but they've scored 14 goals in their 11 games, been sneaking victories, they can't maintain that and when the fall off begins and they slip to mid table , he'll be forgotten about. He might have something about him but 11 games is way too small a sample size to say for sure.

:pardsgrin:

Wagner would be foolish to choose Villa. I know there's examples where someone has stepped down to a bigger club, but this one is simple - go to Villa and he definitely won't be in the PL next season, stay at Huddersfield and he might be.

And might put money on Swansea to go down now.

:pardsgrin:

:lol: 1 in 11 was new contract form under this fucking worm.

From a swansea fan I know, they were bad from February last year onwards minus a good start to last season.

From another Swansea fan (this one) that's a load of nonsense, we played some of the best football towards the end of the season, including 4-1 away to West Ham and 3-1 at home to Liverpool.

You've also got to take into account they lost their main man Bony and wasn't replaced until the summer.

I agree despite his success the Laudrup situation had to be brought to a close as he was dialling it in like Gullit was up here.

Not saying Swansea have been wrong to sack their managers but they pull the trigger quickly. Perhaps one of them could've turned it around. But it's not their style.

They always had a decent squad mind. This lacks class and leadership from the looks of things.

At least their new man will have plenty of time.

There may be an element of patronage in Bradley's appointment, but the bloke clearly has some ability and drive and sometimes a left field choice can work well.

The story in the papers seems to be all about Giggs being passed over, but the guy has little managerial experience and it's of little relevance that he was good player and is (sort of) Welsh. He'd have been just as risky an appointment.

Wagner would be foolish to choose Villa. I know there's examples where someone has stepped down to a bigger club, but this one is simple - go to Villa and he definitely won't be in the PL next season, stay at Huddersfield and he might be.

And might put money on Swansea to go down now.

He might be shite at Villa anyhow. Who knows?

go to Villa and he definitely won't be in the PL next season, stay at Huddersfield and he might be.

They're 10 points off the play-offs with 105 points to play for. They're still 6th favourites to go up. Too early to write them off.