The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

Moyes at least has some tactical awareness tbf. Bilic is tactically a bit of a laughing stock tbh.

Does he f***, he has zero tactical awareness. Less so attacking awareness.

That'll be why Everton were s*** for the entire time he was there then. He's not very good, but that obvious hyperbole from you.

Their football was often shit and for every decent season there was a poor one. He also spent a fair bit. He did a reasonable job at Everton all things considered no denying, but Martinez got them into the top 6 so it was no miracle job. Moyes is an awful manager whose sides cannot defend or attack coherently on a consistent basis which tells you he's, well, no good.

I'd far rather have Bilic any day of the week.

I've just realised that me and others have had this conversation with you before and it's a waste of time. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

A good friend of mine supports the mackems and when Moyes said after a game or two that they will struggle to stay up he killed their entire season. He's a busted flush living off what he did at Everton where he was afforded time, patience and had zero pressure. He was also handed a fair bit of money. His record against the top 4 for example was atrocious. I'm surprised at West Ham if they go for him because it shows zero ambition, even as a stop gap there are much better manager's to come in and keep them up. Their former manager for example Allardyce.

I never was a fan of Moyes, but him saying Sunderland would struggle isn't what got them relegated. It will be totally different at West Ham, he'll have some decent players to work with. If he can get them to defend better, they should have enough firepower to keep them safe.

I'll go off what he says, him being a ST holder and a supporter of 30 + years. His mere presence at the club was like a dark cloud, the negativity was massive.

Others kept them up, of course, it was always going to happen eventually they going down, but if Moyes is cracked up to be what he's supposed to be, it wouldn't happen.

I honestly don't think he wanted to be there, he was there for the pay day and knew his reputation wouldn't be too badly damaged whether they stayed up or went down.

Fast forward a few months and it looks like this huge failure of a manager, another British fraud, is back on the ol' gravy train...

Guest Howaythetoon

Moyes at least has some tactical awareness tbf. Bilic is tactically a bit of a laughing stock tbh.

Does he f***, he has zero tactical awareness. Less so attacking awareness.

That'll be why Everton were s*** for the entire time he was there then. He's not very good, but that obvious hyperbole from you.

Their football was often s*** and for every decent season there was a poor one. He also spent a fair bit. He did a reasonable job at Everton all things considered no denying, but Martinez got them into the top 6 so it was no miracle job. Moyes is an awful manager whose sides cannot defend or attack coherently on a consistent basis which tells you he's, well, no good.

I'd far rather have Bilic any day of the week.

I've just realised that me and others have had this conversation with you before and it's a waste of time. :lol:

It always is when you are wrong...

Guest firetotheworks

A good friend of mine supports the mackems and when Moyes said after a game or two that they will struggle to stay up he killed their entire season. He's a busted flush living off what he did at Everton where he was afforded time, patience and had zero pressure. He was also handed a fair bit of money. His record against the top 4 for example was atrocious. I'm surprised at West Ham if they go for him because it shows zero ambition, even as a stop gap there are much better manager's to come in and keep them up. Their former manager for example Allardyce.

I never was a fan of Moyes, but him saying Sunderland would struggle isn't what got them relegated. It will be totally different at West Ham, he'll have some decent players to work with. If he can get them to defend better, they should have enough firepower to keep them safe.

Others kept them up, of course, it was always going to happen eventually they going down, but if Moyes is cracked up to be what he's supposed to be, it wouldn't happen.

It doesn't work like that like. They had stood still with signings and massively gone backwards. I hadn't seen a team as so certain for relegation for years as I had last season's Sunderland squad like, and I said so at the time. Even Moyes at the peak of his ability at Everton wouldn't have kept them up imo. They were absolutely disgusting.

Guest Howaythetoon

It doesn't work like that like. They had stood still with signings and massively gone backwards. I hadn't seen a team as so certain for relegation for years as I had last season's Sunderland squad like, and I said so at the time. Even Moyes at the peak of his ability at Everton wouldn't have kept them up imo. They were absolutely disgusting.

Nah, he came in and straight away said they would struggle to stay up. His whole demeanour, tactics and team selections pointed towards someone that literally couldn't give a shit one way or another.

My mate reckons he's the worst manager they've had in living memory giving his so-called reputation.

I do agree they were on a course towards relegation, like we were. But appoint the right man and that can change. They obviously didn't.

Anyway, Moyes is fucking shit and I hope they go down if they do appoint him. Mind, he'll probably get another PL gig soon after...

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, he came in and straight away said they would struggle to stay up. His whole demeanour, tactics and team selections pointed towards someone that literally couldn't give a shit one way or another.

My mate reckons he's the worst manager they've had in living memory giving his so-called reputation.

I do agree they were on a course towards relegation, like we were. But appoint the right man and that can change. They obviously didn't.

Anyway, Moyes is fucking shit and I hope they go down if they do appoint him. Mind, he'll probably get another PL gig soon after...

Their form before and after Moyes was no different like. Anyway, this debate isn't going to go anywhere, particularly if you can't even acknowledge his time at Everton.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah, he came in and straight away said they would struggle to stay up. His whole demeanour, tactics and team selections pointed towards someone that literally couldn't give a s*** one way or another.

Anyway, Moyes is f***ing s*** and I hope they go down if they do appoint him. Mind, he'll probably get another PL gig soon after...

Their form before and after Moyes was no different like. Anyway, this debate isn't going to go anywhere, particularly if you can't even acknowledge his time at Everton.

I already have acknowledged his time at Everton, it was reasonably good all things considered, but that is besides the point. He is not a good manager, not even a credible one or shouldn't be.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, he came in and straight away said they would struggle to stay up. His whole demeanour, tactics and team selections pointed towards someone that literally couldn't give a s*** one way or another.

Anyway, Moyes is f***ing s*** and I hope they go down if they do appoint him. Mind, he'll probably get another PL gig soon after...

I already have acknowledged his time at Everton, it was reasonably good all things considered, but that is besides the point. He is not a good manager, not even a credible one or shouldn't be.

I'm not denying that he's a bad manager, like. I just find the idea that he was a big reason they went down to be daft when you saw the staggering lack of quality they had, and what they've been like since.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not denying that he's a bad manager, like. I just find the idea that he was a big reason they went down to be daft when you saw the staggering lack of quality they had, and what they've been like since.

Well he was their manager... for 38 games!

He took them down and like us under Pardew there was no hope whatsoever, not even when they were leading or drawing.

They're both awful and it's a bit pointless trying to compare one to the other as it's just a complete sideways step whichever way you look at it. Since his Everton days Moyes has been a huge failure at every other job he's landed since, so he's on a huge downward trajectory. To get a manager in like him who - going off his defeatist attitude at Sunderland - will inherit a bunch of mercenaries and has-beens just looks like a disaster waiting to happen. I have no doubt they'll recruit in January, but with Moyes they will do it just as badly as Bilic has done this summer. Moyes had his day at Everton but football has changed a lot since then and he just hasn't caught up.

Guest firetotheworks

Well he was their manager... for 38 games!

He took them down and like us under Pardew there was no hope whatsoever, not even when they were leading or drawing.

Aye, but as we well know, it's about a variety of things, namely the players, the manager, and the owner. I truly believe that even with a good manager, those players were so bad that they'd have gone down anyway.

West Ham owners:

“We see this as an exciting opportunity to appoint a quality manager to the position to inject fresh ideas, organisation and enthusiasm into a very talented squad”

If they are talking about Moyes, then they are seriously in trouble :lol:

Hes a massive dullard.

His first press conference will be "we are in a relegation scrap" and instantly kill any attempt at confidence building.

Can we sign Lanzini then, hope Moyes falls out with him.

Moyes will fill that team with cloggers and any half decent skilful player will not be used.  Sunderland might be able to off load a few now.

FWIW the knackers on West Ham Fan TV - and someone calling up TalkSport a while ago - seem to reckon that training under Bilic was the bare minimum.

There's been a couple of mentions from their fans that the team sometimes don't go back in until Wednesday following a Saturday game. Could be bullshit but the bloke on TalkSport reckoned his mother lived near the training ground and players were usually seen turning up at around 10 and leaving at about two. If you think that probably includes time spent having a massage/shower and eating dinner, it's a joke.

I'll go off what he says, him being a ST holder and a supporter of 30 + years. His mere presence at the club was like a dark cloud, the negativity was massive.

I honestly don't think he wanted to be there, he was there for the pay day and knew his reputation wouldn't be too badly damaged whether they stayed up or went down.

Fast forward a few months and it looks like this huge failure of a manager, another British fraud, is back on the ol' gravy train...

On that I will agree with you, I said as much when they appointed him. It's probably the same with most managers and players who end up at Sunderland mind.