The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Pulis going back will finish them off.

Going back to a place of former (relative) glories, rarely, if ever, works.

Eddie Howe didn't do to bad returning to Bournemouth. I think Pulls would keep them up no problem, that's his skill set and the group of players is more than good enough to survive. Hughes staying put for a little while longer is what we need, he's clearly lost the players and the fans, their goal difference could be a killer for them but they do have a good set of fixtures coming up.

Guest firetotheworks

I might be wrong, but my interpretation is that he's one of those managers who transitions from one style of play to another and there's a fleeting spell where it works well in that '90s mid-table Spurs way and then it fails. I can't dislike him tbh, he's a bit of a dick but my impression of him is that generally he does want his teams to play football.

Guest firetotheworks

The sort of player he was probably plays into it as well like. I know he still got stuck in but pretty much every memory I have of him as a player is him volleying or scissor kicking one into the top corner.

I don't give a fuck about Stoke but I dunno if I could deal with them reappointing Pulis. For all I dislike Mark Hughes and ultimately his appointment didn't achieve much; he was progressive in comparison to Pulis. They moved on from the tracksuit bellend because they wanted to go somewhere other than basic Premier League consolidation. It hasn't exactly happened with Hughes, but ffs - don't go backwards. Pulis has absolutely no right to walk straight back into a job.

On the other side of the coin, how we laughed at Hodgson, Allardyce and Moyes when they were appointed. Allardyce has won 4 out of 5. Moyes has pulled West Ham out of the relegation zone and Hodgson at Palace has been quite remarkable; No losses in 7 now, despite losing their first seven games. Whist there is some absolute nonsense in the media regarding British coaches, it seems thus far, those three clubs have made the correct choice in picking experienced British managers.

I think he's one of those nothing managers, doesn't really have a method which you can pin down. With Rafa it's pretty clear what he wants and I like that in a manager, even if I don't always agree with it. I don't really see what has prevented Hughes from doing better at Stoke either. Has he got a valid reason for being in a relegation fight this season?

On - other - of - coin, - we - at - when they were appointed. -  has - 4 out of 5. - has pulled - out of the - zone and - at - has been quite - ; No - in - now, despite - their first -- . Whist there is some absolute nonsense in the media regarding British coaches, it seems thus far, those - - - have made the correct choice in picking  --- -- - .

Jesus 'ffin Christ, delete that fucking post before Ashley gets wind of it.

Guest firetotheworks

Predictable but I'd have liked it to take a bit longer. Hopefully Pulis goes there and Stoke have to look elsewhere. The thinking behind it is purely because Pulis is far less likely to get something out of the Swansea team than the Stoke one.