The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Text my Spurs mate, he's not as pissed off as I thought he'd be.

Tim played his hand well. Said he wasn't interested in the job on an interim basis and Levy had no one else lined up. If we play like we did yesterday every week I won't complain. We'll win more than we lose and be in or around the top few at the end of the season. He had the youth team dominating everyone last season.

One match. :lol:

Having been turned over by West Ham at home when leading with ten to play.

AVB clearly had pissed in the chips. It's mid season no one of any real standing (with PL experience) is available, also consider the risk of a foreign manager coming in now to a new league and with a squad that is still bedding in. Levy likes Sherwood (allegedly) so gave him the gig, he probably won't do too much harm and he might actually provide some entertainment after the stilted football AVB was overseeing. If it doesn't work out  then Sherwood gets binned at the end of the season on a cheap payoff. I can see the sense given the circumstances.

Levy gets some stuff right at Spurs (commercially mostly and getting value in the transfer market) but sweet Jesus he's made some absolute f*ck ups when it comes to the way he hires and fires managers..... 

"win more than we'll lose" FFS not good enough to get in top four, you need more than a 2:1 win lose ratio, you need consistency. One victory where they shipped 2 goals is not a good example of anything

The elephant in the room is that he's got Adebayor playing and scoring. Let's see if he's still doing that in two months time. He turns his form on and off like a tap when it suits him, in terms of consistency he makes Viduka look like Frank Lampard.

With an 18-month contract Sherwood's still just a glorified interim. If it were any other season, I'd say it's a sensible enough decision because the Bale sale represented a massive shake-up at the club, with all that money coming in; they do right in searching for exactly the right man to take them forward. But like I say - if it were any other season. The league is so open this year - anyone in the top 8 could finish anywhere - that they should have gone all out to get a world class manager in straight away, or even hang onto AVB.

AVB clearly had p*ssed in the chips. It's mid season no one of any real standing (with PL experience) is available, also consider the risk of a foreign manager coming in now to a new league and with a squad that is still bedding in. Levy likes Sherwood (allegedly) so gave him the gig, he probably won't do too much harm and he might actually provide some entertainment after the stilted football AVB was overseeing. If it doesn't work out  then Sherwood gets binned at the end of the season on a cheap payoff. I can see the sense given the circumstances.

Levy gets some stuff right at Spurs (commercially mostly and getting value in the transfer market) but sweet Jesus he's made some absolute f*ck ups when it comes to the way he hires and fires managers..... 

The Spurs gig is a huge one. I don't care what the circumstances are, you don't hand it to some cocky youth manager that's done fuck all.

Makes the club look a bloody joke.

AVB clearly had p*ssed in the chips. It's mid season no one of any real standing (with PL experience) is available, also consider the risk of a foreign manager coming in now to a new league and with a squad that is still bedding in. Levy likes Sherwood (allegedly) so gave him the gig, he probably won't do too much harm and he might actually provide some entertainment after the stilted football AVB was overseeing. If it doesn't work out  then Sherwood gets binned at the end of the season on a cheap payoff. I can see the sense given the circumstances.

The Spurs gig is a huge one. I don't care what the circumstances are, you don't hand it to some cocky youth manager that's done fuck all.

Maybe he's really good, though? Might be inspired. Of course we'd like to see it all end in flames, but who knows for now.

The only thing that's weird is how soon they've done it.

Guest firetotheworks

"win more than we'll lose" FFS not good enough to get in top four, you need more than a 2:1 win lose ratio, you need consistency. One victory where they shipped 2 goals is not a good example of anything

The elephant in the room is that he's got Adebayor playing and scoring. Let's see if he's still doing that in two months time. He turns his form on and off like a tap when it suits him, in terms of consistency he makes Viduka look like Frank Lampard.

:lol:

The Spurs gig is a huge one. I don't care what the circumstances are, you don't hand it to some cocky youth manager that's done f*** all.

Maybe he's really good, though? Might be inspired. Of course we'd like to see it all end in flames, but who knows for now.

The only thing that's weird is how soon they've done it.

The guy has already hitched his wagon to Adebayor, which proves he doesn't know what he's doing.

He's dead meat.

Guest firetotheworks

Kaka talks like he has The Sports Almanac from Back to the Future. In reality you just need to go back to the doctors.

Kaka talks like he has The Sports Almanac from Back to the Future. In reality you just need to go back to the doctors.

:lol:

They just hired Tim Sherwood. I'm not the one that needs the doctor trust me.