The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

Thinking of our poor friends in the Potteries at this moment in time.

Just the man we need! What was Lambert like with Villa when he first arrived? Did you have a good spell with him or were you just instantly terrible? Long-term I think Lambert's a terrible appointment, but if he keeps them up...

Just the man we need! What was Lambert like with Villa when he first arrived? Did you have a good spell with him or were you just instantly terrible? Long-term I think Lambert's a terrible appointment, but if he keeps them up...

First season - awful results but was trying to play football (remember, he succeeded McLeish), end of season barely stayed up, almost total support from fans.

Second season onwards - hideous football, hideous results. Brain dead chairman gave him a new extended contract on the basis of a four match unbeaten run.

Constantly negative and "woe is me". Apparently, his training routine consisted of not doing much training, and it showed.

The only thing that made it worse was when he brought Roy Fucking Keane in as his number two.

Stoke's next 3 games are:

- Man Utd, A

- Huddersfield, H

- Watford, H

Assuming tonight is a loss that's 6 possible points for them in the games after. Considering we're going to lose next week if they beat Huddersfield we're absolutely fucked.

On the face of it, it's a very poor and amazingly unimaginative appointment.

You never know though, something might just click and he may get something out of the squad which would be just our luck.

Stoke fans can hardly be inspired.

Guest firetotheworks

First season - awful results but was trying to play football (remember, he succeeded McLeish), end of season barely stayed up, almost total support from fans.

Second season onwards - hideous football, hideous results. Brain dead chairman gave him a new extended contract on the basis of a four match unbeaten run.

Constantly negative and "woe is me". Apparently, his training routine consisted of not doing much training, and it showed.

The only thing that made it worse was when he brought Roy Fucking Keane in as his number two.

Great news, thank you. :thup:

Stoke's next 3 games are:

- Man Utd, A

- Huddersfield, H

- Watford, H

Assuming tonight is a loss that's 6 possible points for them in the games after. Considering we're going to lose next week if they beat Huddersfield we're absolutely f***ed.

Wont we be joint on points?

For Villa in PL

P101 W25 D26 L50 F98 A164 Pts 101 1.00 Pts/game

Since Villa, for Blackburn/Wolves in Championship

P30 W10 D8 L12 F31 A31 Pts 38  1.27 Pts/game

P30 W12 D5 L13 F35 A37 Pts 41 1.37  Pts/game

He may do okay, but his record does not point to it.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, Stoke are definitely in the too good to go down category, but their goal difference and goals conceded stats are making me think that they might just go down this season like. It would be a bit of a weird one considering some of the players they have.