The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I thought they wouldn't do well before hand personally, they've been pretty crap at the last two tournaments.

Lopetgui hadn't lost one match in charge of Spain yet.

You mean like Gareth Bloody Southgate !

I thought they wouldn't do well before hand personally, they've been pretty crap at the last two tournaments.

I think the way Del Bosque played needed Xavi tbh. They still have a great team

Stupid decision.

Don't see what choice they were left with, can't remember a time in history when a manager announces he's leaving in the middle of the season or tournament and it doesn't end really badly.

The only stupidity here is the manager announcing he's leaving right before the tournament when that's the only thing he should be focused on.

Ferguson.

Edit: and Wenger even picked up some away points after announcing he was leaving.

The whole shock and "unrest" in the squad which forced the announement was from the non Real players apparently.. so Spain go and appoint ex Real captain Hierro instead

Hierro is well-respected. His career as a manager is an anecdote, though, so not sure this is the best way to go.

International Football is a different beast I guess - being well respected and getting your players to mesh is half the battle.  Seems the top national managers seem to either be former national icons or people who flamed out at the club level.

Conte and van Gaal announced they were joining clubs before a tournament and it went alright for both of them

Their contracts were expiring and both had telegraphed well in advanced that they weren't going to stay on.

My only issue with what the Spain guy did is that he had just signed a new deal - if you weren't sure or wanted to see what club opportunities were out there, just tell the federation you want to solely focus on the tournament and see what happens from there.

Conte and van Gaal announced they were joining clubs before a tournament and it went alright for both of them

Their contracts were expiring and both had telegraphed well in advanced that they weren't going to stay on.

My only issue with what the Spain guy did is that he had just signed a new deal - if you weren't sure or wanted to see what club opportunities were out there, just tell the federation you want to solely focus on the tournament and see what happens from there.

he signed a contract with them after zidane had resigned from madrid?  that would be a bit rubbish but ultimately one of the biggest clubs in the world has come in for you, it's gonna turn your head, he just handled it appallingly as did madrid

"What should have been a normal thing was turned into an absurd reaction of misplaced pride. We wanted to announce after the WC' date=' but a series of circumstances put us here. We decided to be transparent and announce before the WC to avoid rumors that could have affected our national team."[/quote']

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s the mad Argie aye? My kind of manager, will be interesting to see how Leeds play under him. Can’t see him lasting long :lol:

Good appointment for Leeds. A large number of cunts make up their fanbase but they're a club I'd like to see back in the PL for old times' sake.

Not having a go, but you were 3 (fuck me i feel old) when they were last in the Premier league. Why for old times sake? Genuinely curious.

Good appointment for Leeds. A large number of c***s make up their fanbase but they're a club I'd like to see back in the PL for old times' sake.

Not having a go, but you were 3 (f*** me i feel old) when they were last in the Premier league. Why for old times sake? Genuinely curious.

Aye. But for some reason I'd like to see the 90s PL teams make up the table, rather than your Cardiffs and Bournemouths.