The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Why would they be mad to not go for Rafa? As if he's their only option man  :lol:

Because he's Spanish and arguably one of the best tournament managers in the world?

I presume it'll just be whoever the assistant is tbh. They play in two days. :lol:

Rubiales is legitimatelly pissed that Lopetegui talked to Real Madrid behind his back - he's said he knew nothing of the deal until 5 minutes before it was announced. And as I said, during his stint in the FPA Rubiales showed he's no one that will let himself be taken for a mug.

This is a mess.

Don't blame Spain at all. Wonder which ex-player they can convince to train the team through the world cup. What's Xavi up to?

Rafa is the last person who would take a job with two days notice.

:lol: I thought the whole thing was stupid from the outset, announcing you are leaving when you should be focusing 100% on the tournament and your team is incredibly dumb.

But I didn't expect him to get sacked :lol:

SBR did the same in 1990 if I recall without the announcement.

The announcement is the key difference though.

And the fact it was the FA that decided Robson was leaving England

Fair, I was born that year so I didn't know :lol:

Just responded based on what LFEE said.

:lol: I thought the whole thing was stupid from the outset, announcing you are leaving when you should be focusing 100% on the tournament and your team is incredibly dumb.

But I didn't expect him to get sacked :lol:

SBR did the same in 1990 if I recall without the announcement.

Not really the same tbf

Yep - happens all the time - Conte did it with Italy/Chelsea, Hiddink has done it multiple times with different countries - difference was they telegraphed their decision ahead of time, their contracts were expiring and gave the FAs a head up they wanted to go back to club management. 

Lopetegui apparently told them 5 minutes before the announcement that he was on his way out... and had just signed a new deal.

Stupid decision.

Don't see what choice they were left with, can't remember a time in history when a manager announces he's leaving in the middle of the season or tournament and it doesn't end really badly.

The only stupidity here is the manager announcing he's leaving right before the tournament when that's the only thing he should be focused on.

Guest firetotheworks

They're cutting their nose off to spite their face, but I can understand them doing it like. Him and Real Madrid announcing it beforehand undermined the position of Spain manager.

Stupid decision.

Don't see what choice they were left with, can't remember a time in history when a manager announces he's leaving in the middle of the season or tournament and it doesn't end really badly.

The only stupidity here is the manager announcing he's leaving right before the tournament when that's the only thing he should be focused on.

he didnt though

He didn't even tell his current employers that he's got a new job, on the eve of the most important task in that job, despite getting a new contract and probably a wage rise a couple of months ago.

He's lucky he hasn't been fired into the sun.