The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Love how upset the Celtic fans have been getting over this.

It's probably embarrassing for them to lose a manager to a mid-table Premier side. Only rubber stamps that the Scottish league is seen as Mickey Mouse in comparison.

To be fair, they were premier league champions not so long ago.

It was the greatest shock in English football history, they are very far from a glamorous club otherwise. :lol:

Love how upset the Celtic fans have been getting over this.

It's probably embarrassing for them to lose a manager to a mid-table Premier side. Only rubber stamps that the Scottish league is seen as Mickey Mouse in comparison.

To be fair, they were premier league champions not so long ago.

It was the greatest shock in Sky football history, they are very far from a glamorous club otherwise. :lol:

Iyam.

Scottish football needs to sort themselves out.

Outside of the SPL Celtic are nothing, not even good enough for a decent run in the Europa League.

The league system is a joke, even the SPL has the most pointless way of organising fixtures with the league split.

The fact that a Celtic manager on the verge winning the title, possibly even double can leave in February to go to a mid table Premier League side with nothing to play for is just a shocking statement of where the league as a whole is.

Scottish football needs to sort themselves out.

Outside of the SPL Celtic are nothing, not even good enough for a decent run in the Europa League.

The league system is a joke, even the SPL has the most pointless way of organising fixtures with the league split.

The fact that a Celtic manager on the verge winning the title, possibly even double can leave in February to go to a mid table Premier League side with nothing to play for is just a shocking statement of where the league as a whole is.

Don't think there's a lot they can do tbf, it's a small country with only one major city, their best players and managers inevitably end up in England. The likes of Brendan and Gerrard use it to advertise for a better job in the Premier.

Is it Rodgers’ David Brent antics that make people not rate him? As far as I can see he’s a very good manager.

Probably. Always felt he was a bit of a fraud, but I accept that might just be my dislike of him which may be irrational. Anyway, here's to hoping he proves me right. :thup:

I seem to remember a picture of his front hallway with a massive portrait of himself as you walked in his front door, maybe from that TV program. Cock.

Can Leicester become the chilled out Entertainers?

Not sure the Leicester players who had trouble with Puel and Ranieri will feel about that. Vardy likes long balls quick and early to make use of his pace, also helps if the side sits deep which gives him plenty of space to attack it with.

Scotland is a good league for the size of the country. It just suffers by the comparison to England

20-30 years ago they were producing a decent level of talent, ok a lot of them didn’t play in the Scottish leagues, but they did nationally. Rangers and Celtic were also at a decent level in European competitions. They arn’t producing the talent anymore and both Celtic and Rangers are also-rans in European competitions.

The quality has certainly gone down. I get that it’s a country the size of Yorkshire, but from where they used to be to where they are now is a sad decline.

Scotland is a good league for the size of the country. It just suffers by the comparison to England

20-30 years ago they were producing a decent level of talent, ok a lot of them didn’t play in the Scottish leagues, but they did nationally. Rangers and Celtic were also at a decent level in European competitions. They arn’t producing the talent anymore and both Celtic and Rangers are also-rans in European competitions.

The quality has certainly gone down. I get that it’s a country the size of Yorkshire, but from where they used to be to where they are now is a sad decline.

Back then Rangers and Celtic had some pull and was able to get hold of and pay decent players. Gazza, Laudrup, Sutton, Butcher, Larsson, Lambert, Negri. Moneyball left them behind when an ok sponsor and high attendance wasn't enough to compete anymore.

Back then Rangers and Celtic had some pull and was able to get hold of and pay decent players. Gazza, Laudrup, Sutton, Butcher, Larsson, Lambert, Negri. Moneyball left them behind when an ok sponsor and high attendance wasn't enough to compete anymore.

aye i think if you look right back during that period it's not as if either side had a nucleus of european standard scottish players, all the decent ones went to england almost immediately

their performances in europe were always about raising their games, which is fair, but shouldn't be confused for the overall standard of the league nor those two teams

Seen various journalists thinking Scott Parker will get it until end of the season

Scottie! Please sign here:

http://mundorosa.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/tumblr_njze4lSMJ51tj5c8po1_500.gif

Seen various journalists thinking Scott Parker will get it until end of the season

Scottie! Please sign here:

http://mundorosa.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/tumblr_njze4lSMJ51tj5c8po1_500.gif

Haha 10/10. Perfect meme.