The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Only 4 wins in 12 with the side they have. Should be far closer to the top two and are in danger of getting dragged down the Play-Off places.

I agree he should be doing better with the squad West Brom have, but its an awful time to sack him.

Only 4 wins in 12 with the side they have. Should be far closer to the top two and are in danger of getting dragged down the Play-Off places.

I agree he should be doing better with the squad West Brom have, but its an awful time to sack him.

They’ve just been thumped by a promotion rival and failed to beat the worst team in the league at home. Can see why they’d think a change is needed to stop them sliding.

The journalist who broke the Ronaldo to Juventus story is saying Guardiola is going there in the summer.

Here's hoping it's a sign that the Man City project is about to get shut down by FIFA and Pep is jumping ship

:yao:

Keep the elite for the elite. How dare someone like Man City think they can muscle in.

Their owners should have failed the fit and proper persons test in the first place but do agree with the general point of this to an extent

Guest neesy111

Keep the elite for the elite. How dare someone like Man City think they can muscle in.

Their owners should have failed the fit and proper persons test in the first place but do agree with the general point of this to an extent

Fit and proper owners test is not about ethics or politics though.  Also it didn't exist in the PL back then.

How is that fraudster Marco Silva still in a job? 3 pts ahead of us with the money he's spent?

Who cares, I’d love for someone to burn through their money and for them to go down, much like Villa did.

They’ve just been thumped by a promotion rival and failed to beat the worst team in the league at home. Can see why they’d think a change is needed to stop them sliding.

Every team hits some bad form at some point in the Championship I think they should have given him the chance to turn it around. Its very rare these days for teams relegated from the Premier League to bounce straight back up I think Newcastle and Burnley are the only two teams to have done it in the last few years. When you look at how bad Villa and Stoke are doing despite spending millions then West Brom are not doing too bad being in the play offs even though he should be doing better with the squad he has. Moore has brought back entertaining football to West Brom after the shite football they had to watch under Pulis and he seems really popular with their fans to throw that away just appoint someone like Allardyce and be a pointless club again the Premier League is a stupid decision.

Guest firetotheworks

How is that fraudster Marco Silva still in a job? 3 pts ahead of us with the money he's spent?

Because drastically changing from one football philosophy (shudder) to another isn't instant, especially when moving away from Allardyce. I'd definitely be expecting them to look a lot better next season though.

Guest neesy111

Love it when a team sacks a manager then people become experts on that club and whether they were right to sack him or not.

I could put this in a few different threads, but I'll stick it here regarding Marco Silva. PL table for the last twenty games. Everton are below big spending Cardiff.

last-twenty.png

For us, joint 4th best defensive record. Goalscoring is 13th, or (only) 7th worst.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't see any reason to get rid of Silva at the moment. It's his first season, they're in no danger, and finishing 7th, which is imo the highest they'd have been able to finish this season anyway, holds no value. Man City were poor in the first Guardiola season, it's going to take time and getting the team how he wants it.