The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I think most PL managers are ‘good’ managers.  It’s just that some are better fits for some clubs and teams than others.  Some are able to step it up to higher levels and some aren’t. 

this is why the likes of rafa are head and shoulders above, no doubt in my mind he could rock up to any PL side and do a job

But it’s the people side that would mess it up.

I think the majority of top 7 teams, he’s too defensive for their fans and maybe some of the players too. 

That’s what done him at Real. Players didn’t buy into him at all and it caused him to fail.

i was getting at lower mid table to bottom really, in that his methods are so good and established that given the time he could turn a situation around whereas PFM shite like pardew can have short-term impact but it rarely lasts, rafa is basically the opposite of them

Is it Rodgers’ David Brent antics that make people not rate him? As far as I can see he’s a very good manager.

Probably. Always felt he was a bit of a fraud, but I accept that might just be my dislike of him which may be irrational. Anyway, here's to hoping he proves me right. :thup:

To be fair to him, he brought in Coutihno and Sturridge when they were out of favour and they were both huge hits and really transformed that team. Honestly let's not forget than in 2012 when they came up here and Jose Enrique played in net they looked spent. They came 8th and it didn't really look like a fluke.

Sides like Real and Barcelona must be really difficult to manage as many of their players see themselves bigger than the club. Rafa excels in bringing players on and getting them playing at a higher level. How do you do that with Messi, Neymar and the other superstars.

Classic example was the Chelsea keeper at the weekend. It was like 'I'm the most expensive keeper in the world so don't tell me what to do'

Love how upset the Celtic fans have been getting over this.

It's probably embarrassing for them to lose a manager to a mid-table Premier side. Only rubber stamps that the Scottish league is seen as Mickey Mouse in comparison.

It's probably embarrassing for them to lose a manager to a mid-table Premier side. Only rubber stamps that the Scottish league is seen as Mickey Mouse in comparison.

To be fair, they were premier league champions not so long ago.

People saying "there goes their 10 in a row" as if this upheaval is going to let Hamilton Academical or some shite in.

Would just hate to see that horrible  cunt Stevie G them bastards winning anything... them 7 years or so with them being shite has been great

Celtic were nailed on for 10 in a row with Rodgers there but this has cast doubt over it.

Celtic have been a sitting duck for a while now while Rangers keep improving season by season. Think two years will be more than enough for them to stop the party because the Celtic board are thick as fuck. Only care for their own pockets that is why they put the emphasis on finances and not the playing squad. Rangers board on the other hand are committed and will do anything to stop the ten.