The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I think Silva's on borrowed time if yesterday was anything to go by. We were obviously terrific but the opponents let it happen.

He’s never really been at a club here long enough to judge him fairly. He wasn’t at Hull for a long time, and at Watford they bummed him as soon as hit hit a tough spell, but Watford do that in anyway.

This season at Everton so far he has massively underachieved, and if yesterday was anything to go by, then he has no real plan B for when the momentum in a match changes.

I can't see any reason to get rid of Silva at the moment. It's his first season, they're in no danger, and finishing 7th, which is imo the highest they'd have been able to finish this season anyway, holds no value. Man City were poor in the first Guardiola season, it's going to take time and getting the team how he wants it.

:thup:

I always say a manager should be judged in his 2nd season as the 1st one is usually a tricky transitional period.  There are exceptions of course when the results are abysmal or it’s obvious that things aren’t gona work out.  Allardyce and McLaren with us spring to mind as examples of that.

I think Everton would be smart to give Silva some more time, especially when there’s no obvious replacement available and would want to go there.

If Silva was a PFM he'd be getting pelters. Relegated with Hull.  Sacked from Watford having won 1 out of 11 and 5 points from relegation and now doing shite at Everton with 12 losses in 18 despite spunking a load of money. Might improve given time, but probably wont. Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal in coming weeks. They'll batter them and he'll be gone imo, and rightly so. 

Dont really understand the outrage over Moore either. 9 points from top two, if they have a decent replacement lined up, then they might well break into the top 2. Otherwise its playoffs despite arguably having the strongest squad in the league. Bit of a gamble to get rid now, but again, was it ever going to improve? Results business and all that.

I think probably only Everton fans can say whether Silva should be close to the sack or worth persevering with. From the outside in, however, I can't see a defined footballing philosophy being worked on and showing signs of developing. Whenever I watch them play it just looks like a squad with some talented individuals who occasionally win games for them with individual brilliance. I look at Digne, Richarlison, Gomes and Gueye in particular. First seasons can be tough, and bad runs of form can be excused when supporters can see a style being embedded, but only watching Everton each week would give you that kind of insight which obviously I don't.

What’s the defined philosophy? He wants them to knock it around a bit - ok. What’s so hard to implement?

Sarri-ball I get.  I can see what he’s trying to do.  But Silva? Don’t see what the vision even is. 

Also his track record isn’t great either. All 3 of his jobs in England have the same arch.  Good start. Tails off. 

I’m not saying he should be sacked.  But questions have to be asked.

I personally wouldn’t trust him with another £80m net spend in the summer. 

What’s the defined philosophy? He wants them to knock it around a bit - ok. What’s so hard to implement?

Sarri-ball I get.  I can see what he’s trying to do.  But Silva? Don’t see what the vision even is. 

Also his track record isn’t great either. All 3 of his jobs in England have the same arch.  Good start. Tails off. 

I’m not saying he should be sacked.  But questions have to be asked.

I personally wouldn’t trust him with another £80m net spend in the summer.

I'm saying I can't see one outside of some individually brilliant players, the best of which doesn't even belong to them.

I don't think Silva is deciding most of the transfers at everton.  They've got a defined structure.

50m on Richarlison is all him. 

I also don’t think he’s kicked on the promising youngsters that they have. 

I like Bernard but for all the good he’s done, it would’ve been better to give Luqman those minutes.  Likewise Calvert-Lewin needs games. 

I don't think Silva is deciding most of the transfers at everton.  They've got a defined structure.

50m on Richarlison is all him. 

I also don’t think he’s kicked on the promising youngsters that they have. 

I like Bernard but for all the good he’s done, it would’ve been better to give Luqman those minutes.  Likewise Calvert-Lewin needs games

He's played pretty much every game for them this season hasn't he? He'd look much better playing for us though.

Zidane apparently back at Real.

noice

that'll do.  Bet Bale is raging

Was just reading some news blog type site that put a big piece up about how Allegri shouldn't feel safe at Juve while Zidane is waiting in the wings to snap up the job. 

Guessing Allegri's feeling safe about now.

Can't help but feel that's a stupid decision from Zidane. He'd left a near perfect legacy with the CL wins, despite being relatively disappointing in the league last season.

Fair comment. I'm not sure it's a wise decision.

He must have been offered an excellent salary, plus promises he'll have a big say on transfers and obviously they'll have a huge amount cash to spend.