The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

I find Mackay a bit selfish in all this. His relations with Tan had deteriorated long ago and Cardiff aren't doing well so he can't say his sacking is unjustfied . Then when given the chance like AVB at Spurs to step down he refuses, tries to use the sympathy he does rightly deserve to come out of this as a martyr. Total lack of class  :thdn:

I agree with this, sure Tan has acted like a prat with his outbursts in the media, but had he kept his gob shut and sacked Mackey round about this time now, there would not be such a big outrage.

We are last fans to be critical of Tan considering the idiot we got ourselves.  Didn't Chris Hughton get the bullet even earlier than Mackay? And we were higher up the table too if I'm not mistaken.

That's like saying Shannon Mathews can never criticise people for being bad parents.

I'd take MA over 5 or 6 other owners in this league tbh.

He's a wanker that has had a number of chances to really push us on and never wants to take them but yeah, there are worse. Ellis Short being one, he may back his managers but fuck me does he make bad decisions over and over again.

Guest neesy111

When will Merson fuck off with this "Newcastle would have stayed up if they hadn't sacked Allardyce" Such bullshit.

Is that to defend allardyce or to have a dig at us?

Yeah we didn't even go down that season as Keegan came in and turned us around from from relegation candidates back into a good team.

The reason we went down was because of all the chaos with Keegan, Ashley and Wise the following season. Then obviously Kinnear taking over.

Yet Merson will say weekly that the reason we went down is because we sacked Allardyce. Such rubbish.

Jeff Stelling posits Solskjaer's popularity might win round some of the Cardiff fans that Tam has disgruntled.

Solskjaer's popularity?

Wasn't he only popular amongst ManU fans?

Did I miss the universal Solskjaer love in?