The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

A true reflection of what he is actually working with compared to everyone else :snod:

there are a few answers to this, but one of them (that i like to apply to rafa) is who and what has he improved as individuals since being in charge vs. who has got worse under him say

if you view poch from that perspective he's done a great job, unless you think kane was just going to become the best striker around on his own and so on...as much as i think the praise sissoko is getting these days is a load of bollocks he's turned the signing around from being an absolute joke to, well, a footballer

objectively i actually "worry" about spurs for the point leffe raises, they've been gambling for ages with recruitment getting steadily worse and poch has been improving players papering over the cracks this whole time

That’s why Klopp and Poch are two of the best coaches about - they actually improve players who were already there (or who they sign) and make the team better, thus more valuable. They’re both amazing and have been refreshing for our game.

Don’t worry I’ll be gone with Rafa soon :snod:

You can all ENJOY watching 70 goals go in our net next season with Eddie Howe.

I won’t be watching us be Skysports entertainment next season.

We will get more thumpings next season under Eddie Howe than I would if we did a Forum meet up :lol:

We will get more thumpings next season under Eddie Howe than I would if we did a Forum meet up :lol:

Gallowgate End, the general opinion, and one which I share, is that are talking complete garbage. Nothing personal......

Gallowgate End, the general opinion, and one which I share, is that are talking complete garbage. Nothing personal......

So apparently becuase I have a different opinion on a small subject and apparently don’t offer any “Contributive” posts.. :lol:

“Gallowgate End,

You have received a warning for non-contributive posts.

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,

The Newcastle-Online Team”

The truth is I post about a whole range of football subjects without any issue on 95% of them but a different opinion on Eddie Howe is worthy of a ban and means I don’t contribute on other subjects to the forum ???

I think the reaction to warn for me for it is very over the top considering 95% of my posts don’t involve a disagreement about Eddie Howe.

Anyway I won’t mention Eddie if talking about him on here is that big of a issue I honestly thought everyone was having a laugh about it :lol:

Bit laughable to take it serious but I will respect the no Eddie Howe posts warning :thup:

I’ll try to contribute for once because none of my other posts do apparently.

Potter taking over at Brighton :thup:

Probably good news for us :thup:

Likely bottom 5 again for them next season.

I'm absolutely gutted, Potter showed every bit as a manager who could build us up and drive us back to the Premier League. Another fantastic showing from our disasterous hedge funded American (non) investors.

Anyone thinking Brighton will be in trouble with this appointment I believe you will be seriously disappointed.

Potter taking over at Brighton :thup:

Probably good news for us :thup:

Likely bottom 5 again for them next season.

I'm absolutely gutted, Potter showed every bit as a manager who could build us up and drive us back to the Premier League. Another fantastic showing from our disasterous hedge funded American (non) investors.

Anyone thinking Brighton will be in trouble with this appointment I believe you will be seriously disappointed.

Really?

Any particular reasons why you think that ???

Seems another Jokanovic type I’ll be interested to see how he does in the Premier League though.

His record doesn't look that great but all Swansea fans seem to rate Potter really highly. Think their squad was tiny when he went in and wasn't given any money and brought through the youth

His record doesn't look that great but all Swansea fans seem to rate Potter really highly. Think their squad was tiny when he went in and wasn't given any money and brought through the youth

I’m just surprised Brighton have gone for that Jokanovic style after what happened with Fulham last season which I said would happen.

How well will that bottom 5 team transition to such an opposite style?

How good will Duffy and Dunk do having to play high?

Mathew Ryan and Duffy are the last people you would want to be playing extra passes at the back the way Potter demands.

Honestly can’t see that big transition going well especially as the transition is so big.

I think Brighton will be 18th/17th only because Sheff U and Norwich will get even more slaughtered next season :lol:

Based on what?

Based on the likely 3 teams coming up :thup:

Norwich can’t even defend in the Championship and won’t spend enough.

And Sheff Utd although play a similar system that has been successful for Wolves and us in the Premier League just don’t have the players to cope with the Premier League.

Add Brighton with next seasons Jokanovic and the likes of Bournemouth if they lose Fraser will be big strugglers next season.

I think Southampton will be the ones to do well next season under a full season of Hasenhuttl who has midtable form since joining.

Bottom 5

16th Bournemouth/Brighton/Villa

17th Brighton/Villa/Bournemouth

18th Villa/Brighton/Bournemouth

19th Sheff Utd

20th Norwich

Derby will get slaughtered if they come up though.

I don't think anyone at this stage can predict who will be relegated next. Everyone will change their squads and in our case probably change our manager as well which you could argue would make us big favourites to get relegated. When Huddersfield got promoted most people thought they would be comfortably relegated, but they survived and Cardiff were also expected to finish with a record low points total this season. I wouldn't be making any assumptions about the ability from next seasons promoted clubs.

I don't think anyone at this stage can predict who will be relegated next. Everyone will change their squads and in our case probably change our manager as well which you could argue would make us big favourites to get relegated. When Huddersfield got promoted most people thought they would be comfortably relegated, but they survived and Cardiff were also expected to finish with a record low points total this season. I wouldn't be making any assumptions about the ability from next seasons promoted clubs.

Quote mine at the end of next season :thup:

I got Fulham bang on before they even kicked a ball in the Premier League while everyone was saying they’d be Top half with their spend.

The only one I was wrong on was Watford but Gracia was coming in as a total unknown.

You predicted that one of the promoted clubs would go down? You are a remarkable sage, sir.

You'll be telling me next that you thought Man City would win the title.