The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Townsend will be back here under Bruce on a free, won’t he…? 🤦‍♂️I’d be surprised if we’re not in for McCarthy/mcCarthur too. 

There's been rumours of us talking to Townsend but I'm not sure if they're from reliable sources or not.

You could easily see the Bruceosaurus signing them other two. This year's Hendricks.

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Eze out for the rest of 2021 too 

Christ, tough on the lad. One of the players we missed the boat on. 

palace would be a good bet for relegation next season. Can’t see zaha wanting to stay put, this might be the time he pushes the move and requests a transfer.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Disco said:

Reckon he'll turn up doing some punditing at the Euros in the summer. 

That would be welcome over some of the absolute fucking gob shites in punditry at the moment...

Really rare that a manager gets a send off like that. Nice to see. Think it's pretty fair to say he's done a good job there, despite some prolonged spells of minging football.

I don't think it's fair to throw him in with the other PFM lot (dunno if anyone is here, but I feel like I've read it); he certainly sees the defender in everyone but tactically I think he's a lot more cultured than the likes of Allardyce/Pulis/Pardew/Bruce, having plied his trade all over the continent, and at various levels. I assume that you don't rejuvenate a stalling Inter Milan in what was, at the time, one of the best leagues in the world, if you've not got some formidable tactical nouse. Not that I have a personal recollection of it. Did alright at a couple of international gigs and of course that outrageous UEFA Cup run with Fulham. Speaks loads of languages, done stints in other club departments and always comes across as insightful, balanced, interesting and not remotely ego-centric in the media - just professional. So not very PFMy at all really. 

I quite liked some of the set-ups he had with England at a time where there wasn't the same amount of talent available as there is now, but obviously got it badly wrong in 2016. 

Reading the comments from Palace fans on The Athletic (which, to be a total snob, seems to present a better quality of contributor than Facebook comments or your average Twitter arena) - would suggest he leaves with great fondness and appreciation for the job he's done, and that ovation obviously reflects that. 

Fair play to Hodgson; hell of a career really. I'm sure he'll carry on in football in some capacity somewhere for a while yet. 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Really rare that a manager gets a send off like that. Nice to see. Think it's pretty fair to say he's done a good job there, despite some prolonged spells of minging football.

I don't think it's fair to throw him in with the other PFM lot (dunno if anyone is here, but I feel like I've read it); he certainly sees the defender in everyone but tactically I think he's a lot more cultured than the likes of Allardyce/Pulis/Pardew/Bruce, having plied his trade all over the continent, and at various levels. I assume that you don't rejuvenate a stalling Inter Milan in what was, at the time, one of the best leagues in the world, if you've not got some formidable tactical nouse. Not that I have a personal recollection of it. Did alright at a couple of international gigs and of course that outrageous UEFA Cup run with Fulham. Speaks loads of languages, done stints in other club departments and always comes across as insightful, balanced, interesting and not remotely ego-centric in the media - just professional. So not very PFMy at all really. 

I quite liked some of the set-ups he had with England at a time where there wasn't the same amount of talent available as there is now, but obviously got it badly wrong in 2016. 

Reading the comments from Palace fans on The Athletic (which, to be a total snob, seems to present a better quality of contributor than Facebook comments or your average Twitter arena) - would suggest he leaves with great fondness and appreciation for the job he's done, and that ovation obviously reflects that. 

Fair play to Hodgson; hell of a career really. I'm sure he'll carry on in football in some capacity somewhere for a while yet. 

He’s a less attacking Sir Bobby type British manager who has had a remarkable career and pisses all over the usual PFM lot easily, good post btw :thup:

TBF I enjoyed his guard of honour and he deserved it for the amount of time he's been in football, however I think the fact that a 70 odd year old that won a few Swedish leagues 30 years ago is still in the top 20 managers in arguably the best league in the world says everything about the quality of these coaching badges and how restricted they must be to free flowing attacking football.

30 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF I enjoyed his guard of honour and he deserved it for the amount of time he's been in football, however I think the fact that a 70 odd year old that won a few Swedish leagues 30 years ago is still in the top 20 managers in arguably the best league in the world says everything about the quality of these coaching badges and how restricted they must be to free flowing attacking football.

Horrid take.