The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

4 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

Brain says Ten Hag (I know little of Gallardo), heart says Xavi. And I'm gonna go all Disney movie and follow my heart. Dude was the living embodiment of our style. He was more Mr Barça than Messi himself. 

Hopefully we're not getting Catalan Solksjaer...

As soon as I heard on radio it could be Xavi I hoped it was. Hope he's like what Pep was for you. 

Koeman has totally ruined Barcelona squad it feels. I know boardroom have had a shocker and debt etc. - but he was wrong person at the worst time.

35 minutes ago, hakka said:

As soon as I heard on radio it could be Xavi I hoped it was. Hope he's like what Pep was for you. 

Koeman has totally ruined Barcelona squad it feels. I know boardroom have had a shocker and debt etc. - but he was wrong person at the worst time.

There's also the whole chain of torch-passing from Cruyff to Guardiola and now to Xavi. As a football fan, I live for this shit.

And yes, our squad is badly depleted but we're much better than what's been on display. Koeman was a terrible manager, with a terrible defeatist attitude and always making excuses. He lost games before the ball started rolling.

Just now, Village Idiot said:

There's also the whole chain of torch-passing from Cruyff to Guardiola and now to Xavi. As a football fan, I live for this shit.

And yes, our squad is badly depleted but we're much better than what's been on display. Koeman was a terrible manager, with a terrible defeatist attitude and always making excuses. He lost games before the ball started rolling.

Sounds like the inept cabbage head we had.

7 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

100% agree with this it's probably why we should have Rafa and Everton should have Big Dunc.

19 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

https://makeagif.com/i/2TA0Wx

56 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Xavi has massive contracts with most of Qatar's major brands and he's pretty much all over their ads and media there, he's making an insane amount of money, so he won't be in a hurry to leave that behind anytime soon.

He's already absolutely minted one would think, and he'll have a chance to manage his boyhood club and one of the biggest clubs in the world. Some commercial deals isn't going to stop him moving home to Barcelona 

And he’s won the *checks notes* Qatar Stars League, Qatari Super Cup, Emir of Qatar Cup, Qatari Stars Cup, and Qatar Cup (twice), so he’s not got much more to do there.

Yes those are all real and separate competitions. :lol:

He’s only gonna get one chance at managing Barcelona. He can afford to come back elsewhere in Europe, fail a bit but get experience, and then walk into the job when he’s better prepared. If I was him I’d be looking at a small club in a big league outside of Spain and plan for Barcelona within 4-5 years. 

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

He’s only gonna get one chance at managing Barcelona. He can afford to come back elsewhere in Europe, fail a bit but get experience, and then walk into the job when he’s better prepared. If I was him I’d be looking at a small club in a big league outside of Spain and plan for Barcelona within 4-5 years. 

Agreed. He’d be taking a big risk going to them now. Good thing is that there’d presumably be a ton of goodwill and hopefully a long leash from the supporters, being the legend that he is.

it's an odd time for him to choose to go into it, the current problems would test the very best managers let alone a relative novice. But I suppose with the exception of Guardiola himself no one else is likely to get more patience and time from the supporters unless he makes a complete balls of it and is threatening to relegate them 

22 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

And he’s won the *checks notes* Qatar Stars League, Qatari Super Cup, Emir of Qatar Cup, Qatari Stars Cup, and Qatar Cup (twice), so he’s not got much more to do there.

Yes those are all real and separate competitions. :lol:

And the Qatari lottery.

1504180703-diojvrtxyaabmbr.jpg

Guest neesy111
43 minutes ago, Disco said:

And the Qatari lottery.

1504180703-diojvrtxyaabmbr.jpg

Love how he's wearing shorts in a country where you usually need to be covering your knees.