The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

The Rangnick appointment is a much more interesting and ballsy move by Man U rather than the obvious move for Poch who seemed desperate for it. Quite intrigued to see how he does and what they attempt to build. 

27 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

More intrigued by that than the interim HC gig tbh.

Yeah, he's going to go in for the 6 months and assess everything from the manager seat and from right inside the dressing room, and then the next two years overhaul their whole setup and likely recommend some stud manager to take over. Excellent move. 

14 hours ago, gbandit said:

“I don’t want to put my family through that again” Bruce says as lashings of gravy and bacon fall from his leaking jowls. Bruce’s wife stares on disconsolately as he puts pen to paper on the interim caretaker role at Manchester United. “It just wouldn’t be fair on them if I didn’t take this opportunity” Bruce starts to choke as a streaky rasher of bacon catches

in his throat, his fingers tightening around the pen as his eyes fill with water. Breathless, his eyes grow wider as he stumbles to the floor, his wife motionless. Bruce writhes silently as the darkness seeps into the corners of his bloodshot eyes. His wife stands over him, staring down at the contract covered in sticky welts of bacon fat. “Alex, come clear your father up, he’s made a real mess of himself.”

Underrated post this. :lol: 

Man U have been transitioning since Aguero scored in that last second goal against QPR - the first transition was SAF's final throw of a dice with Van Persie, before handing over a squad creaking at it's seems over to Moyes. Biggest stitch up in football that. Not even SAF could have finished top 4 with that squad he handed over.

All the while, an actual club that have legitimately been in transition, seemingly every other season, continue to win - Chelsea. All I can hope is that our owners see what failures have been made by the likes of Man United, Arsenal, and in recent years Spurs, Everton; but more importantly learn how Man City and Chelsea used their fortune to actually build something, build solid foundations, build dynasties.  

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, he's going to go in for the 6 months and assess everything from the manager seat and from right inside the dressing room, and then the next two years overhaul their whole setup and likely recommend some stud manager to take over. Excellent move. 

Much like an external Consultant, Rangnick can recommend all he wants. But for his recommendations to be implemented will require buy in from the wider group and the political will to see it through. Ferguson will still need to be convinced ... 

Taggart still stalking the corridors of that club tapping on his watch and sticking his whisky ravaged sneck into every decision they make. A constant reminder to everyone of the glory days and how far they have fallen behind since then. 

That’s my kind of Fergie Time. 

Long may it continue. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

11 hours ago, duo said:

Slightly jealous they got Rangnick but realistically I doubt he would have come to Newcastle considering were we are in the League.

He was working in Russia in an executive role for Lokomotiv, seems like he wasn't that attached to them if he's taken an interim role at Man U. I'm not even sure we had him on our shortlist. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Where’s the stuff that Fergie is still heavily involved? I know he gets to most of the games still but never seen anything to suggest he’s still got any power.?

Media nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Where’s the stuff that Fergie is still heavily involved? I know he gets to most of the games still but never seen anything to suggest he’s still got any power.?

He’s employed by the club as both a Director and Global Ambassador. He has heavily influenced the employment of Moyes, Mourinho and Solsjkaer.

“And it is understood that Pochettino is the preferred choice of former Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson to take over at Old Trafford. The 79-year-old retired from his post as manager after 27 years in charge back in 2013 but remains an influential part of decision-making at the club.” (From: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1525550/Man-Utd-Mauricio-Pochettino-new-manager-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-SNT/amp )

Just being around the club, stalking the corridors as he does, makes life difficult for anyone coming in- as an extreme example the case of OGS not wanting to take the managers car park space, because ‘The Boss’ was still there.