Everton 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 30/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 57

Nobody

I'm done with Santon and Debuchy for sure. Both utter lunatics.

Italian international & French international Vs no mark league 1 manager and coaches no one has ever heard of.

hmmm

Honestly it baffles me. I know they're better than that but I'm done.

Can't stand to watch them both defend anymore. It's just out of order. Offer no help to the centre backs.

I also thought Santon looked poor in defence. I'd give Dummett a go.

It's not the players it's the bastard that picks them and we can change as many as we want, it will make little difference when the manager gets so much wrong.

Coloccini's nearly 32 years old and it's Alan Pardew's fault he acts like a scared little bitch up against the big black man?

Pardew's a clueless joke but the players don't get half as much criticism as they deserve.

I would agree with that like - doesn't matter what the team/system you're asked to play in is you don't just forget the basics of how to play football.

I'm not commenting on Pardew's decisions tonight, but (for example) he doesn't tell Santon to sell himself short for the first goal or Colo to not bother to look where Lukaku is standing.

Third goal, Colo bottles the challenge against Lukaku, Krul bottles clearing everyone out and claiming it. Second goal, stupid punt forward and nobody tracks the runner. Just rank awful defending.

Doesn't he? if he isn't telling Santon what positions he should be taking up and which direction he should be showing his man he's not doing his job.

at the end of the day Pardew picks these fucking players and he coaches them; they we're highly rated before they came here and have gone backwards ever since.

the maths is fucking simple.

I'm not commenting on Pardew's decisions tonight, but (for example) he doesn't tell Santon to sell himself short for the first goal or Colo to not bother to look where Lukaku is standing.

Third goal, Colo bottles the challenge against Lukaku, Krul bottles clearing everyone out and claiming it. Second goal, stupid punt forward and nobody tracks the runner. Just rank awful defending.

Doesn't he? if he isn't telling Santon what positions he should be taking up and which direction he should be showing his man he's not doing his job.

at the end of the day Pardew picks these fucking players and he coaches them; they we're highly rated before they came here and have gone backwards ever since.

they're not robots they are capable of thinking for themselves and being supposedly top players they should have some vague clue on the bloody basics

Neville saying Pardew couldn't do anything, I can't figure it out. If the manager has no say on the tactics and the starting/general positions the defenders take up then why have one?

This is why I was so upset by the way it ended.

Pardew has got off scot free.

It's disturbing because if this was a foreign manager, I'm not sure he would do.

Not a single one of them has questioned what the manager is doing with them.

Yanga-Mbiwa is the scapegoat today.

Well he'll get dropped and let's see the big improvement that comes.

at the end of the day Pardew picks these f***ing players and he coaches them; they we're highly rated before they came here and have gone backwards ever since.

the maths is f***ing simple.

they're not robots they are capable of thinking for themselves and being supposedly top players they should have some vague clue on the bloody basics

As i said they managed the basics before coming here.

I just don't fall for Pardew's bullshit that's all.

Aye I understand that, Pardew takes a massive share of the blame. All I'm saying is Santon is a fullback, his job is to stay goal side of his winger and stop the cross coming in. Colo is an experienced international CB and he doesn't bother to look where the forward is standing. Just a couple of examples of awful individual errors.

at the end of the day Pardew picks these f***ing players and he coaches them; they we're highly rated before they came here and have gone backwards ever since.

the maths is f***ing simple.

Aye I understand that, Pardew takes a massive share of the blame. All I'm saying is Santon is a fullback, his job is to stay goal side of his winger and stop the cross coming in. Colo is an experienced international CB and he doesn't bother to look where the forward is standing. Just a couple of examples of awful individual errors.

It's different players every week Ian.

If it was a one off individual error then you hold your hands up and accept it, but we sit here saying the same things week in and week out.

If we can sit here and see it why can't Pardew? How can we expect our players to be accountable when our manager isn't?

We often talk about a lack of leadership at the club but this comes from the manager once again, on the playing side the buck stops with him.

The goal when Lukaku scored after beating both Colo and MYM was because neither of them wanted to take responisbility for him, both shatted out and looked at the other.

When you have a big man up front like that it is very easy, one of you is aggressive trying to get in front of him and pressuring him close, the other sweeps up behind... Schoolboy stuff honestly...

The goal when Lukaku scored after beating both Colo and MYM was because neither of them wanted to take responisbility for him, both shatted out and looked at the other.

When you have a big man up front like that it is very easy, one of you is aggressive trying to get in front of him and pressuring him close, the other sweeps up behind... Schoolboy stuff honestly...

Yep, don't let the ball bounce from a long ball (Coloccini) and don't run away from the attacker for no reason (Yanga-Mbiwa), unbelievable simple stuff.

Not sure what has happened since the season we came 5th but we've been poor at the back ever since. Gary Neville just said what I'm always thinking, that we defend like we are a top level team with full backs bombing on and massive spaces all over the place.

I'd gladly prefer our defenders to keep a tight unit away from home and try and nick a goal rather than this gung ho style we have at the moment. Needs back to basics coaching almost because it's shambolic how easy it is to score against us.

Guest bimpy474

Neville blames the players and not Pardew for the 1st half performance and then credits Pardew for the 2nd half.!

Just about to interview him, they will never slate a manager not when he's on the show.

The players were f***ing absymal and nobody should let them off despite Pardew.

Definitely, but it's unbelivable no one questions our manager. Ever. Never ever.

You may have missed every single page of this forum ever.

The supposedly unbias pundits and media. Who would all rather not upset their pals.

If it were some foreigner though they'd be right in there.

Look at Moyes, the media can't plead for more time for him any harder.

Villas Boas at Chelsea was deemed th enot so special one and clowned out of town.

Same ol same ol.

Santon got raped down the outside for the first goal, he was puffed out (and we're only 15 minutes in)

There's big problems in and around that squad for sure.

I've no doubt that the tactics are bad, Pardew has a huge amount to answer for, but we can't keep 100% blaming him and not looking at the players in all of this.

Some of the errors out there tonight were fucking schoolboy errors, absolute carnage decision making, it's nearly impossible to comprehend it.

For "professionals" it's mind numbing