Everton 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 30/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 57

Nobody

Santon got raped down the outside for the first goal, he was puffed out (and we're only 15 minutes in)

There's big problems in and around that squad for sure.

I've no doubt that the tactics are bad, Pardew has a huge amount to answer for, but we can't keep 100% blaming him and not looking at the players in all of this.

Some of the errors out there tonight were f***ing schoolboy errors, absolute carnage decision making, it's nearly impossible to comprehend it.

For "professionals" it's mind numbing

Hope they kept the receipt for the "fitness guru"

Guest Brazilianbob

Its all down to parsnip's team set up.  He constantly has to make substitutions to correct his errors in the shape pf the team.

Not sure what has happened since the season we came 5th but we've been poor at the back ever since. Gary Neville just said what I'm always thinking, that we defend like we are a top level team with full backs bombing on and massive spaces all over the place.

I'd gladly prefer our defenders to keep a tight unit away from home and try and nick a goal rather than this gung ho style we have at the moment. Needs back to basics coaching almost because it's shambolic how easy it is to score against us.

We've tried to become more expansive and it's not worked. Probably because Pardew doesn't have the ability to understand how and the players just aren't good enough for it.

I'm not commenting on Pardew's decisions tonight, but (for example) he doesn't tell Santon to sell himself short for the first goal or Colo to not bother to look where Lukaku is standing.

Third goal, Colo bottles the challenge against Lukaku, Krul bottles clearing everyone out and claiming it. Second goal, stupid punt forward and nobody tracks the runner. Just rank awful defending.

Doesn't he? if he isn't telling Santon what positions he should be taking up and which direction he should be showing his man he's not doing his job.

at the end of the day Pardew picks these fucking players and he coaches them; they we're highly rated before they came here and have gone backwards ever since.

the maths is fucking simple.

Aye I understand that, Pardew takes a massive share of the blame. All I'm saying is Santon is a fullback, his job is to stay goal side of his winger and stop the cross coming in. Colo is an experienced international CB and he doesn't bother to look where the forward is standing. Just a couple of examples of awful individual errors.

Funny how irregular players who play for real managers make mistakes like this though isn't it?

Man Utd (7): Simpson - Colo - Williamson - Santon

Arsenal (7): Simpson - Colo - Perch - Santon

Man City (4): Simpson - MYM - Taylor - Jonas

mackems (3): Debuchy - MYM - Taylor - Jonas

Liverpool (6): Debuchy - MYM - Taylor - Haidara

Man City (4): Debuchy - Colo - Taylor - MYM

Hull (3): Debuchy - Colo - MYM - Santon

Everton (3): Debuchy - Colo - MYM - Santon

Just sheer coincidence that we seem to have acquired ten of the most error-prone defenders in European top flight football? That is bad luck!

I'm done with Santon and Debuchy for sure. Both utter lunatics.

Italian international & French international Vs no mark league 1 manager and coaches no one has ever heard of.

hmmm

Honestly it baffles me. I know they're better than that but I'm done.

Can't stand to watch them both defend anymore. It's just out of order. Offer no help to the centre backs.

Debuchy was good today. Best of the back line by a mile, and he's exceptional in the air. The centre backs should have easily dealt with 2 of the goals without any help. Don't know how you could watch todays performance and blame Debuchy: Colo, Mbiwa and Santon were all absolutely terrible.

Judging from Pardew's post-match comments, this game may be a turning point in his thinking. He was talking about making a couple of changes in defence, which I assume means bringing in players who are mentally a bit stronger and more reliable. Get used to it, guys, because I'm sure one of them will be Williamson. The other might be Dummett.

There's an old saying that a team is strong from the defence forwards and the middle outwards. We really need to go back to basics.

Judging from Pardew's post-match comments, this game may be a turning point in his thinking. He was talking about making a couple of changes in defence, which I assume means bringing in players who are mentally a bit stronger and more reliable. Get used to it, guys, because I'm sure one of them will be Williamson. The other might be Dummett.

There's an old saying that a team is strong from the defence forwards and the middle outwards. We really need to go back to basics.

We were belting when Williamson was a regular last season like. Just the worst run of form in over forty years. :thup:

Yes we do.

By bringing in a manager who actually knows how to fucking manage.

Funny how irregular players who play for real managers make mistakes like this though isn't it?

Just sheer coincidence that we seem to have acquired ten of the most error-prone defenders in European top flight football? That is bad luck!

How can a manager that team concedes 7, 7 and 6 in the same season still be in a job

We got what we deserved from this game: f*** all.

It doesn't matter that the players decided to start playing properly at the 45 minute, football is a game consisting of 90 minutes, they should have turned up on the first f***ing minute.

Guest bimpy474

Erm. The Man Utd home and away combined i think.

Improved second half should not be allowed to paper over the cracks. Whole team, especially the back 4 lack leadership and have no clue what they are supposed to be doing. That said, the manager has them playing with fear from the off and it happens way too often. Big problems at this club, not as bad as the mackems....yet.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Utterly shit scared of Lukaku.

Cowardice from individuals as well as school boy defending & I can't understand the obvious lack of fitness.

They just can't be arsed. They're getting paid, who gives a f*** about NUFC.

Obviously the manager needs to take a large portion of the blame for this.

The players clearly aren't comfortable doing what they're being asked to do.

2 seasons ago he stumbled upon 433 and it rocketed us up the league and we finished 5th, last season he tweaked it to the 4231 and it didn't work.  We sign 1 player in Remy and we went back to 433 against Villa and looked a really good side.  PArdew then comes out with the rubbish that now we have Remy he can play that way again as hasn't been able to since Ba left!  What do they do on the training ground every week that stops them playing in a successful formation cos 1 player is missing??

Surely he can work on the team shape and formation week in week out and even if its a Sammy/Marv or even Obertan in one of the wide positions, yes while they may not be as good as Remy the team unit and shape is still there and players know there jobs, we seem to have a different formation every week at the minute.