Cardiff City 1 - 2 Newcastle United 05/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 39

Greg

Isn't Gomis out of contract in the summer? Unless we're in trouble again I don't see why we'd fork out for him with that in mind. Wouldn't actually surprise me if we never go back for him again anyway.

Isn't Gomis out of contract in the summer? Unless we're in trouble again I don't see why we'd fork out for him with that in mind. Wouldn't actually surprise me if we never go back for him again anyway.

He might improve the team too much. JFK won't be having any of that. Probably cursing how well Remy is playing.

Guest bimpy474

He is out of contract this summer. Cheaper than he would have been a few months ago, he's our type of signing down to a tee.

He is out of contract this summer. Cheaper than he would have been a few months ago, he's our type of signing down to a tee.

Aye He'd have to be about 3 million in January.

His height would be useful for defending set penis' too.  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Why weren't we in black and white?

Very good question, considering City v Everton both had home kits.

Dont we have to wear our away kit (and third kit) for a certain amount of games contractually. We probably sit down and work out the places we have to change shirts, then make the numbers up to the contractual obligations if there aren't enough.

Why weren't we in black and white?

Just using the away because it is under-used perhaps? 1st time worn in the league and won..remembered they used it in the friendly at Blackpool and won too..lucky so far..

Guest bimpy474

I think it might because the shorts clashed.

Nah, we just change shorts to white ones like we've done a few times before.

I think it might because the shorts clashed.

Nah, we just change shorts to white ones like we've done a few times before.

And our dark blue shorts would have clashed with Cardiff's black anyway.

Surprisingly good first half, shocking second. Holding on against a Championship club ffs.

It's a vital 3 points but the damage is that Pardew stays and feels justified in those baffling changes.

A Championship club who have shown in their first few games that they're more than capable.

If you're willing to be so critical of the manager in defeat, you have to be able to give credit where it's due in my opinion.

Guest bimpy474

Surprisingly good first half, shocking second. Holding on against a Championship club ffs.

It's a vital 3 points but the damage is that Pardew stays and feels justified in those baffling changes.

A Championship club who have shown in their first few games that they're more than capable.

If you're willing to be so critical of the manager in defeat, you have to be able to give credit where it's due in my opinion.

Cant argue with this if we're honest, it has to go both ways.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Doing what Manchester City couldn't.  :smitten:

Very, very happy with that result.

I normally would but I think this was more papering of the cracks.

Cardiff are not capable.  They'll be at least flirting with relegation this season.

I have no problem giving credit where it's due and that first half was decent.  The second half on the other hand demonstrates exactly why I want Pardew out of our club and exactly why we're going nowhere with him as our manager.

I'm very happy with the 3 points but I won't let it blind me to the big picture and the deficiencies I see.

Guest Howaythetoon

That was the best we have played in the first half and even leading up to their goal since Pardew took over IMO. Every player was involved in the game and we passed the ball about so well, in all the right areas. We dominated them and created a lot of chances and could have easily scored a few more.

Great stuff!

As soon as they scored, though, we looked shot. We lost our shape, players' heads went down and they looked capable of scoring whenever they attacked. It was actually quite frightening just how easy they got through our midfield and how many times they had men in our box. The turnaround once we conceded was amazing and very very strange.

This team has potential and lots of it. We can play very good football and really get at sides as we have shown but something is not quite right and that is obviously down to Pardew and the coaching staff.

The fact they are unable to get this talented side with potential performing well on a consistent basis says a lot.

However the manager couldn't be faulted today. He picked a side not many would have and we went out there to play and to win and we did that. Even after the break we went out there back on the attack and for 15 or so minutes it was a carbon copy of the first 45.

Then they scored...

We are such a strange team.

This was a very good win and a huge 3 points.