Cardiff City 1 - 2 Newcastle United 05/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 39

Greg

Good win. The mirror image of the Everton game. :lol: :thup:

Unlike last year we always look like we are trying to, and are capable of, scoring, but on the downside, I'm still scared shitless whenever another team attacks us.

As long as we score one more than them etc etc, but that simply isn't going to happen every week.

Was the second half really that bad from us? I could be clouded by our utterly f***ing atrocious showings of recent times, but that second half was an improvement for when we're under the cosh, for me.

Had a few chances to score a 3rd, composure went out the window a bit but they actually started pressing/tackling in the second half so I guess it was inevitable.

Exactly. They really came at us and had some good quality. We're always going to struggle against that and there were some woeful moments, Jonas coming on being one of them. But I'd have snapped your hand off for that scoreline. I'll take that and be happy for the day.

Was the second half really that bad from us? I could be clouded by our utterly f***ing atrocious showings of recent times, but that second half was an improvement for when we're under the cosh, for me.

It wasn't nearly as nervy as the commentators made out. We created more chances than them in the half. Easily the better side over the course of the game. Not impressed at all by Cardiff, they'll struggle badly I feel.

We sounded pretty dangerous on the counter in the second half? Only listened though, so might have been totally different.

A few decent counters but most of the time we just hoofed it forward any old place. Like I say Ben Arfa at 60 mins would have seen us score again.

I don't think we were that poor second half. We had chances and should have scored a couple and made it comfortable.

It was shit man. They were walking through us at will. Just as well they have championship standard finishers.

I don't think we were that poor second half. We had chances and should have scored a couple and made it comfortable.

It was shit man. They were walking through us at will. Just as well they have championship standard finishers.

They had 6 shots second half. 

So did we.

It wasn't nearly as nervy as the commentators made out. We created more chances than them in the half. Easily the better side over the course of the game. Not impressed at all by Cardiff, they'll struggle badly I feel.

they've had a good start but theres many a promoted club which rides the momentum of promotion early in a season and fall apart once teams have had a chance to figure them out. That Danish striker they signed might make a difference once he's fit

Why cant we just play for whole game, i know you cant play perfectly for 90 mins, but f*** me we are bizarre.

Was just about to ask this as I haven't been able to watch the game...... Basically the typical good half and shit half we are used to seeing this season?

Guest bimpy474

Why cant we just play for whole game, i know you cant play perfectly for 90 mins, but f*** me we are bizarre.

Was just about to ask this as I haven't been able to watch the game...... Basically the typical good half and shit half we are used to seeing this season?

Apart from the fact we did have chances 2nd half. If Cisse was someone else we might have been more comfortable tbh.

They had 6 shots second half. 

So did we.

Yes we had chances on the break, but they were getting at us far too easily. We stood off them like we did at Everton.

The thing that annoyed me was how easily Cardiff seemed to just stroll through into our box time and again second half. It led to a few last second Colo cleverness and Williamson Balls in your face moments to save us.

Apart from the fact we did have chances 2nd half. If Cisse was someone else we might have been more comfortable tbh.

We had 3 shots on target second half, they had 2.

They had a little more posession and a great deal more urgency about them.  We sat a whole lot deeper than we needed to and hoofed it too much.

We had came out second half and started it looking as positive as we finished the first half.  You have to expect a reaction from the opposition when they've been victim of a beating like they had.  Palace did the same at Anfield second half.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Best away performance in a while if you look at our attacking stats and bar our second half mini capitulation  :lol: