Cardiff City 1 - 2 Newcastle United 05/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 39

Greg

Haddaway and shite.  Promoted teams have been coming up for years and getting a shock result here and there, especially in their first few games.  They're mugs and i'll be very surprised if they're not bottom 3 come the end of the season.  Maybe bottom 4 if the mackems don't get their shit together.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cardiff have a few tidy players but lack any real quality, especually up front. A few defeats and a slip down the table will see them stay there no doubt.

Haddaway and s****.  Promoted teams have been coming up for years and getting a shock result here and there, especially in their first few games.  They're mugs and i'll be very surprised if they're not bottom 3 come the end of the season.  Maybe bottom 4 if the mackems don't get their s*** together.

No pleasing some people.... Better teams than us have fell short and it was easy to slip up but we didn't.

Don't confuse that with being happy with Pardew though I want him gone within the hour if possible :lol:

But it was a good result and better teams than us will and have lost there.

Haddaway and s****.  Promoted teams have been coming up for years and getting a shock result here and there, especially in their first few games.  They're mugs and i'll be very surprised if they're not bottom 3 come the end of the season.  Maybe bottom 4 if the mackems don't get their s*** together.

No pleasing some people.... Better teams than us have fell short and it was easy to slip up but we didn't.

Don't confuse that with being happy with Pardew though I want him gone within the hour if possible :lol:

But it was a good result and better teams than us will and have lost there.

We got a win.  They're a newly promoted side.  They are not premier league quality.

Where do you think they'll finish this season?  Top half?  Top 6?

No.  They'll be down the bottom because they're not a good side.

That doesn't take away from the fact we went there and got the 3 points.  The 2nd half was as bad as the first half was good but we got the result and i'm pleased with that.  It doesn't change my long held opinion that we could do much better under different management.

Pleased to see we got a win today and am looking forward to watch MotD tonight. Didn't get to see/hear the game, due to being stuck at work until 4pm - a nice 22 hour shift. :(

Enjoy it mate, could be the last win we see for awhile

Guest Haris Vuckic

Pleased to see we got a win today and am looking forward to watch MotD tonight. Didn't get to see/hear the game, due to being stuck at work until 4pm - a nice 22 hour shift. :(

22 hours?

I hope they are paying you a kings ransom mate because that's illegal.

watched the game in a local pub, the feed must've been 2 or 3 mins behind so a shout went out "one nil, remy" lead to mass checking of phones to confirm, then 30secs of watching, waiting for us to get the ball, then near hysteria when we got the ball "go on remy, shoot", go on, GO ON!", then the "spontaneous" celebration as he scored.

rarely felt happier with football than at that moment, loads of us as one in on a joke that was instantly understood and followed through. the joy of football, it's rarely about the result, thew wittering on about tactics etc, it's best point boiled down to that 2minutes.

Didn't think we were that great in the first half. Passed the ball around well but the problems we have with movement and attacking play were still apparent for me, albeit not as much as in other games this year. Tired of seeing balls hopefully lofted in and around the box as soon as a player gets in the final third.

Cardiff were terrible for most of the game, even when we invited them onto us in the second half. That, combined with the fine form of Remy, was the main reason for our win today.

Didn't think we were that great in the first half. Passed the ball around well but the problems we have with movement and attacking play were still apparent for me, albeit not as much as in other games this year. Tired of seeing balls hopefully lofted in and around the box as soon as a player gets in the final third.

Cardiff were terrible for most of the game, even when we invited them onto us in the second half. That, combined with the fine form of Remy, was the main reason for our win today.

thought we dominated them in the first half and could easily have been another couple of goals up.

thought we dominated them in the first half and could easily have been another couple of goals up.

We definitely deserved to be in front, and kept hold of the ball well, but our lack of movement + unwillingness to attack in numbers was still evident to me, at times.

Perhaps watching the Everton-Man City game earlier in the day altered my expectations of the game a bit.

22 hours?

Sleepover shift - I'm a support worker for a couple of lads with learning disabilities. I had 8 hours 'off', but it's never the same as kipping in your own bed and of course, you have to keep one ear open.

watched the game in a local pub, the feed must've been 2 or 3 mins behind so a shout went out "one nil, remy" lead to mass checking of phones to confirm, then 30secs of watching, waiting for us to get the ball, then near hysteria when we got the ball "go on remy, shoot", go on, GO ON!", then the "spontaneous" celebration as he scored.

rarely felt happier with football than at that moment, loads of us as one in on a joke that was instantly understood and followed through. the joy of football, it's rarely about the result, thew wittering on about tactics etc, it's best point boiled down to that 2minutes.

Class post mate !

Aye, they didn't have a sniff at our goal while we could've scored 4.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

22 hours?

Sleepover shift - I'm a support worker for a couple of lads with learning disabilities. I had 8 hours 'off', but it's never the same as kipping in your own bed and of course, you have to keep one ear open.

Ah me mate does something similar - except he has to rub cream on old men's arses and give them baths and stuff.

Tough work - but I've got a lot of respect for the people with the strength to do it.

Fair play Sir, hats off. :thup:

22 hours?

Ah me mate does something similar - except he has to rub cream on old men's arses and give them baths and stuff.

Tough work - but I've got a lot of respect for the people with the strength to do it.

I don't have to do any major personal care - just run baths and give meds, etc. Not sure I could do toilety stuff! Cheers anyway :thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

22 hours?

I don't have to do any major personal care - just run baths and give meds, etc. Not sure I could do toilety stuff! Cheers anyway :thup:

Aye he was kind of roped into it and hates it but we can joke about it when we hang out.

Keep your chin up anyway mate - it'll be hard work no doubt but it's important. :thup: