Cardiff City 1 - 2 Newcastle United 05/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 39

Greg

Why cant we just play for whole game, i know you cant play perfectly for 90 mins, but f*** me we are bizarre.

Was just about to ask this as I haven't been able to watch the game...... Basically the typical good half and shit half we are used to seeing this season?

Apart from the fact we did have chances 2nd half. If Cisse was someone else we might have been more comfortable tbh.

We had 3 shots on target second half, they had 2.

They had a little more posession and a great deal more urgency about them.  We sat a whole lot deeper than we needed to and hoofed it too much.

We had came out second half and started it looking as positive as we finished the first half.  You have to expect a reaction from the opposition when they've been victim of a beating like they had.  Palace did the same at Anfield second half.

Yeah. 'bout sums it up.

Why cant we just play for whole game, i know you cant play perfectly for 90 mins, but f*** me we are bizarre.

Was just about to ask this as I haven't been able to watch the game...... Basically the typical good half and shit half we are used to seeing this season?

Apart from the fact we did have chances 2nd half. If Cisse was someone else we might have been more comfortable tbh.

We had 3 shots on target second half, they had 2.

They had a little more posession and a great deal more urgency about them.  We sat a whole lot deeper than we needed to and hoofed it too much.

We had came out second half and started it looking as positive as we finished the first half.  You have to expect a reaction from the opposition when they've been victim of a beating like they had.  Palace did the same at Anfield second half.

sounds about right

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Thought it was Cisses best game in a while for us! :lol:

Yeah I agree. Still toothless in front of goal but he did technically  have an assist for our 2nd. He was quite good at retaining possession and had somehow a really good control of the ball

Thought it was Cisses best game in a while for us! :lol:

It was, but it's fashionable to slate him regardless these days.

He can't hold it up, he's too slow to run in behind and misses chances because his first touch is lacking.

The fact this is best performance for awhile speaks volumes about how shit he's been.

Ben Arfa should have played today and we would have won this convincingly. He would have thrived in that first half and been deadly on the counter in the second; hell even once or twice in the last 5 minutes when he came on he looked more than threatening.

Great result, but ferk me, can't we ever win by more than one goal?

We made it far more difficult than it needed to be and its got to rub off on the players.

They'll have finished the game far more stressed and tired than if we'd pushed for and got the third that was there for the taking.

We did push for a third. Our players kept fluffing their chances. When they did get a shot away the Cardiff keeper made some decent saves.

Their keeper was in great form today, we easily could've had more if not for some killer saves.

I was really disappointed with the way we started the second half.  It was pretty clear Pardew told them to defend the two goal lead and hit on the counter.  The players stopped pressuring Cardiff as high up the pitch as they did in the first half which gave Cardiff a lot of impetus to attack us.  Luckily we were not made to pay for such a negative approach and get to go home with three points which are desperately needed when you look at our next few fixtures.

Ben Arfa should have played today and we would have won this convincingly. He would have thrived in that first half and been deadly on the counter in the second; hell even once or twice in the last 5 minutes when he came on he looked more than threatening.

Love him, want him to play (as I do Anita), but I'm far from convinced that that would have been the case.

Far. From. Convinced.

Cardiff will be in the mix at the bottom imo, not enough goals over a season in them.

Got their summer signing fella to come in still like but aye I agree, they're very one paced too.

Their keeper was in great form today, we easily could've had more if not for some killer saves.

I was really disappointed with the way we started the second half.  It was pretty clear Pardew told them to defend the two goal lead and hit on the counter.  The players stopped pressuring Cardiff as high up the pitch as they did in the first half which gave Cardiff a lot of impetus to attack us.  Luckily we were not made to pay for such a negative approach and get to go home with three points which are desperately needed when you look at our next few fixtures.

The second half was going fine until we conceded. The second half was like a basketball game. Both sides were just running at each other. If we were more clinical in front of goal we wouldn't have been put through so much stress.

Guest bimpy474

Cardiff will be in the mix at the bottom imo, not enough goals over a season in them.

Got their summer signing fella to come in still like but aye I agree, they're very one paced too.

They're a bit like us, dont cross it, dont really build it up that well, look like they need a bit of magic (Mutch second half).

Ah i see why, Malky, Pardew's padawan learner :lol:

They're a bit like us, dont cross it, dont really build it up that well, look like they need a bit of magic (Mutch second half).

Ah i see why, Malky, Pardew's padawan learner :lol:

This is exactly what I thought watching them.

Then it dawned on me, we are fucked if Remy gets injured for any amount of time.

Guest icemanblue

Happy with that, after I was dreading it at two o'clock. Similar to Villa in that we controlled much of the first half, and were still looking to score in the second. When they pulled one back, we collectively shit our pants. Then, it was a bit backs to the wall for half an hour.

Can imagine the Jonas sub was an unpopular one, but it ended up working in our favour. He never stopped running and made some very important challenges and clearances. Remy, Sissoko and Cabaye played well, the latter exceptionally so.

Massive three points, and a gamble that ended up paying off.