Have you ever played with or against someone who's made it?

Guest palnese

Guest bimpy474

Played against Paul Benson (Swindon, Charlton, Dagenham & Redbridge) for a few years when he was in his late teens/early 20's.

Played (and scored several times) against Ben Alnwick who was mentioned earlier and also Matty Pattison was in the same Gateshead league playing for Redheugh. Played up front with Richard Brodie who has played for York, Crawley, etc. and is now at Gateshead.

Does MLS count as 'making it'? Played against Chris Tierney who is basically an MLS version of Ryan Taylor

Played pickup a few times with a youth player at Birmingham City (Will Packwood) as he was from my town. Got so frustrated cause he was like 15 years old and better than everyone else, didn't think he'd end up in England though.

Geoff Cameron's team always killed us, though I don't think I was ever on the field against him.

I once stayed in a B&B at the same time as Sven-Goran Eriksson's nephew. Spectacular.

Wor ex used to live in the apartment above Athol Still....Svengali's agent IIRC

Athol Still used to be an ITV commentator on swimming  or maybe athletics when I was a kid

Toshiba are the new home shirt sponsor for Barnet :okay:

So what?

:lol:

What a dick.

:lol:

Played and beat a team of Andrew Fotiadis and some other England U18 players (no idea who) in a kickabout over the local park. We were only about 13 as well  :memeyeah:

I went to school (and played football with - abeit only on the Playground), with a centre-half called David Walton. Had had spells with Sheffield United, Shrewsbury, Crewe (was their record signing for £500k at that time), Derby and Stockport. Decent lad at school, but quite arrogant.

Oh aye - and saw Lee Clark play against my school year (25 years ago) when I think he was playing for Walker HS? Ran the show for the first half (no-one could get near him)-  they were 2-1 up. His manager than took him off at HT as he was supposed to be playing for Newcastle reserves later that night and wor lot came back to win 5-2. Show how much of an influence he had. I used to go to Bedlingon HS, btw - had a canny team that year. I was never good enough to play, but I used to train with them, etc.