Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

That channel won't last long imo. I don't know anyone that has it and having worked for BT, I'd guess that it's totally shit. The price and the fact that Michael Owen is involved all just points towards that being the case.

Is there not an established channel in the UK that could produce Premier League games? Seems like BT came out of nowhere for such a big competition to have.

Whoever wins the rights basically sets up a channel from scratch. The only reason BT Sport exists is for this package of PL games really, and if they lose it they would probably have to close down.

That channel won't last long imo. I don't know anyone that has it and having worked for BT, I'd guess that it's totally shit. The price and the fact that Michael Owen is involved all just points towards that being the case.

Is there not an established channel in the UK that could produce Premier League games? Seems like BT came out of nowhere for such a big competition to have.

nothing that can compete on the level of Sky Sports

Brilliant result given the circumstances. Such a battling, resilient performance and the arguably the best we've played this season. We were the better team in the first half and it was a deserved goal on our part when Cabaye scored. We could have easily switched off when Yanga-Mbiwa got sent off (especially considering our history of heads dropping when something negative happens to us during a game) but we didn't and that really was pleasing to see, we kicked on and battled through - is the pride and team spirit finally coming back? Really pleased for Dummett today, he took his goal so well - a nice, confident finish.

Considering we were all expecting a hammering before a ball was even kicked today, I'd say this is a brilliant point, it really does feel like a win. Proud of the lads today.

(Btw, BT Sport is f***ing s****).

I've got that annoying thing where I'm annoyed with a point against Liverpool because I genuinely think we could've won.

Oh well. :D

I have that frustration as well.... mainly because i feel genuinely that Remy could have done more with some of those counters.

Oh well as long as we kick on from here and beat the Mackems next week i won't dwell on it too much.

Always hate Andre Marriner. He just sets a tone for the game with booking someone for something really soft early on and then has to book every single player afterwards.

Because he did that though he then bottled it when Gerrard should have had a 2nd yellow. If he was following what he had done earlier in the game then Gerrard should have walked.

Guest bimpy474

Pretty funny all the set pieces we've aimed at Williamson over tens and tens of matches, and it takes Dummett roughly 55 Premier League minutes to bag a goal before him. :lol:

And we could have been given a penalty if Dummett didn't get the chance, it was missed by most but Skirtel jumped into Williamson with no other intention of doing so.

Always hate Andre Marriner. He just sets a tone for the game with booking someone for something really soft early on and then has to book every single player afterwards.

Because he did that though he then bottled it when Gerrard should have had a 2nd yellow. If he was following what he had done earlier in the game then Gerrard should have walked.

Nah. Thought the same at the time during the game but NO ref would have given that even in the circumstancees.

Would have loved it to see Gerrard walk but it would have been so, so soft sending off.

Yeah our system was simply working better than theirs first half. Once we were down to 10 it allowed them to keep the ball and cause more problems.

I don't know if it was also tiredness playing but they did switch to a 4-4-2 (around the 75th?) and it was clearly a shape they work better with. Rodgers did us a favor with that 3-5-2. 

Guest Haris Vuckic

Who's everybody's man of the match?

Debuchy for me.

Tiote.

:thup:

Nice to see him approaching his best - which is when he keeps it simple.