mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I physically saw Williamson push Colo closer to his man against Cardiff while berating him. Did the same thing with Santon. When Williamson's on the pitch he's the leader of the defence and Colo just puts his head down and does as he's told.

That was one of the first things that impressed me about Williamson when he joined us in the championship.

He was berating Santon yesterday for edging forward unnecessarily and leaving his flank open late in the second half.

So wish I hadn't started reading about this fixture.  Adrenalines going already and I'll not sleep now. Hate these games. Safc are awful, and  on current form we shouldn't have any problems,  but this is nufc we're talking about. Hope the mackems hurry on to the championship and we don't have to encounter them for a bit.

Having finally managed to see the yesterday's game - if we play with the same intensity, organisation and drive that we did in the first half, we will beat them. We'd have given anyone a game during that first forty minutes yesterday.

According to Dummet, Williamson is always communicating and that makes him easy to play with. Got to say, he does look our most vocal defender, by some distance too. Although, I do think Mapou will fill that role in time, I was fortunate enough to catch some of his Montpellier days and he was a brilliant captain, led by example and was certainly not afraid to talk to and bollock players. I think he just needs to grow into the club first.

If there is one club in the whole entire world who can f*** up a situation like this its nufc that's why I can't be confident.

This.

We'll lose this. Probably after playing them off the park for the first 15 minutes. Then disaster will strike. Oh they'll still get relegated, but like Derby County (in their record breaking year) the only 3 points they'll get will be off of us.

This year's quiet confidence is actually based on something.

Whilst 5under1and are still terrible, last year's 'confidence' was based on losing to Benfica and squeaking past Fulham. Now we've had 2 positive results, with positive performances. Our players finally look bothered.

If there is one club in the whole entire world who can f*** up a situation like this its nufc that's why I can't be confident.

This.

We'll lose this. Probably after playing them off the park for the first 15 minutes. Then disaster will strike. Oh they'll still get relegated, but like Derby County (in their record breaking year) the only 3 points they'll get will be off of us.

:anguish:

I'm not a fan of all the 'over' confidence ie all the facebook shite that pops up like LALAS and '6 days till they're crying into their cheesy chips'etc...but this is fairly needles pessimism :lol:

Based on our second half I'd definitely play Dummett and Willo but because it's a derby I wouldn't mind S.Taylor for his taunting value  :lol:

Not to mention the fact he's our best CB.

Currently he's our best fit CB for the next game, Colo is obviously the best CB at the club. I'm guessing this is what you meant?

In a sense, yes. Though Colo's days as a PL-level athlete are done.

What does that make Taylor though? Arguably slower than Colo and can't remember the last time he had a run of games without getting injured.

Taylor's a much better athlete, and far quicker.

2008 when Taylor often found himself at right back I would 100% agree with you. But maybe it's injuries or something but I can't agree he is far quicker now, turns like a tanker and will never catch a striker like Mapou sometimes can. The only attributes I would give him over Colo is his physicality and aerial ability.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm not nervous at all, which is bizarre as I'm usually a gibbering mess by now. Last year's 3-0, watching that fascist prick slide across the turf, pretty much desensitised me. Nothing can be as bad as that.

Agreed.

It was a nightmare. We need some equilibrium.

Dont like derby days, going to hide under a pile of coats at home.

hate the build up, however I'll be completely chilled by Sunday safe in the knowledge that the better team wins the vast majority of the time.

Dont like derby days, going to hide under a pile of coats at home.

hate the build up, however I'll be completely chilled by Sunday safe in the knowledge that the better team wins the vast majority of the time.

They only have one option left to them, kick anything over grass height.

I avoided the last one, as I feared it might go wrong.... didn't think it would go that wrong though!

Went out for the day, and avoided any news on it until it had finished.

Felt sick when I heard the result.

Lets hope we can give them one back for that, this Sunday!

Haven't decided whether to watch it or not, yet though.

Krul

Debu------Willi------Taylor------Santon

-----Cabs------Tiote---------Sisso

Benny--------Gouff---------------Remy

Gouff should be tried up top. He's got strength,pace, an eye for goal, intelligence, skill and ability to hold the ball up  he just needs Pardew to take the chance on him now. HBA and Remy should be able to play off him really well.

Would like to see Dummett and Sammy to get on at some point and if its just not happening for us then Shola 'the mackem slayer' Ameobi needs to come on. Uncanny how he raises his game just for this one.

F****** Taylor and Tiote don't get sent off !! ffs

Krul

Debu------Willi------Taylor------Santon

-----Cabs------Tiote---------Sisso

Benny--------Gouff---------------Remy

Gouff should be tried up top. He's got strength,pace, an eye for goal, intelligence, skill and ability to hold the ball up  he just needs Pardew to take the chance on him now. HBA and Remy should be able to play off him really well.

Would like to see Dummett and Sammy to get on at some point and if its just not happening for us then Shola 'the mackem slayer' Ameobi needs to come on. Uncanny how he raises his game just for this one.

F****** Taylor and Tiote don't get sent off !! ffs

He's working well in front of Debuchy. Keep him there. It's not as if we're not scoring goals.

Just need HBA to have one of those matches where things come off for him, the dribble comes off right, the passes, or the shots...his confidence looks battered, something looks off with him, hopefully this week he'll get himself right and play with that Villa/Fulham type bite. He looks 1/2 the player he was in those 2 matches...so strange to me.