How far can they go - what would break you?

Guest Howaythetoon

How old is Ashley? I might get a few years in my 70s where NUFC comes back to life.

He's 50, but looks like he's going to have the life expectancy of your average WWE wrestler.  I think it may well be a health problem or something else unexpected that eventually sees him leave.  Like having dodgy emails exposed, Malky Mackay or Sony Pictures style.  Or his other businesses going tits up.  Or being chucked in jail when one of his dubious business practices crosses the legal line.

I can dream.

His ticker giving up on him is probably our best shot, fat unhealthy fucker looks like a prime candidate for an early heart attack.

Perhaps any protests should focus on giving him sudden surprises and constantly getting buckets of fried chicken delivered to his house....

How old is Ashley? I might get a few years in my 70s where NUFC comes back to life.

He's 50, but looks like he's going to have the life expectancy of your average WWE wrestler.  I think it may well be a health problem or something else unexpected that eventually sees him leave.  Like having dodgy emails exposed, Malky Mackay or Sony Pictures style.  Or his other businesses going tits up.  Or being chucked in jail when one of his dubious business practices crosses the legal line.

I can dream.

His ticker giving up on him is probably our best shot, fat unhealthy fucker looks like a prime candidate for an early heart attack.

Perhaps any protests should focus on giving him sudden surprises and constantly getting buckets of fried chicken delivered to his house....

I'm sure whoever he leaves the club to after his death will be a fantastic, upstanding human being :yao:

He's got so much money he will probably end up in a room deep inside SJP in an upturned goldfish bowl like Spock's brain controlling the club for all eternity. All hope is lost.

The sad thing is there are so many people now that have never seen us win a trophy, and unlikely to before they die !! I technically have I was a month old when we won the fairs cup, but I don't remember a thing about that feeling unsurprisingly enough :)

The closest I've come to enjoying that feeling of success, is the 92/93 1st division (as it then was) championship, that feeling against when Kelly and Cole scored against Grimsby, and that final home game where we beat Leicester 7-1, with Queen's "we are the champions" belting out was fantastic. The other championship wasn't anywhere near that level of euphoria as we shouldn't have been relegated in the first place, so the feeling was more of relief that we were back up more than anything else.

Winning the Intertoto Cup was fantastic.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/18/article-1097253-02D723F1000005DC-330_224x423.jpg

Not to mention the Teresa Herrera trophy.

http://www.robertwilson.talktalk.net/ScottishMags/LatestNewsPics/2010/20100803-DeportivoTrophyPresentation.jpg

I have lost an awful lot of feeling and desire for the club.

I used to be nervous before matches now I really am not that bothered.

I still haven't seen the goals against hull yet

i watched the goals against hull and enjoyed them very much....especially the 2 first. Thats about it!

I see quite a few people saying 'if they appoint Carver, that's it, I'm done'.

If everything else he's done hasn't broken you by now then I don't think the appointment of JC will.

Carver, even if appointed, will be/is a joke figure.

It's the degradation of our history, the tarnishing of our soul, the lack of sporting interest, the lack of communication, the pure disregard for the masses/region, the lack of respect for season ticket holders, the horrendous link to that nasty brand, the mucky sponsorship arrangements, the total inability of us, as fans, to relate to/warm to players knowing that they'll be flogged at the first sign of interest and the way the fucking hangers on sell their soul for the money (yes, Peter Beardsley, Stone, Carver etc - where are your fucking morals?).

This isn't a football club anymore and that's whats broken me.

John Carver being appointed? Meh, whatever. Join the back of a fucking long list pal. You're not even the icing on the cake.

Carver following Pardew would be just about it for me. The last two seasons I've been supporting the opposition as much as I have our team and it doesn't really get much lower than that.

I have lost an awful lot of feeling and desire for the club.

I used to be nervous before matches now I really am not that bothered.

I still haven't seen the goals against hull yet

i watched the goals against hull and enjoyed them very much....especially the 2 first. Thats about it!

I celebrated a bit when Cabella scored, have to admit. Mainly because I was happy for him personally.

They've already broken me. I truly hope we get relegated every year to the point of irrelevance - only then do I feel the fat man will leave us in peace.

Burn the place down, salt the earth and start again.

Old friend of mine who died 5 years ago had it right and he had been following the club since before WW2 ; he said they might as well knock the place down and build flats on it.

Can't see a better alternative in the foreseeable future.

That's bollocks though. Ashley won't be here forever, that's one thing we can be sure of. The way I see it, the club is in a coma rather than dead.

Like KK said, one day we will get our club back.

It's agonizing waiting for it though. My biggest fear is that by the time we get the club back the damage inflicted will be too great to rectify. I also believe that before he does sell - he'll hold an "everything must go" style fire-sale. Putting it mildly he'll probably leave us in a worse condition than when he bought us :rant:

That's my worry.  The club is already a shell of what it was when he bought it and no longer holds many of the assets it had.  He is also removing the options for developing the stadium if needed.  The longer he is here and the more disconnected the locals feel, the harder it will be to attract them back and that dynamic between the city and club which is its strength will no longer exist.  The kids have already started to support more successful teams and in time they will probably encourage their kids to support the team they follow. 

The longer he is here the more damaged the club will become and we will then just be another perennial struggling club.

St James' Park holds many memories for us, me for over 40 years but the soul destroying Ashley factor may leave a horrible stench around the stadium that we can't shift and a relocation may not be the end of the world under new owners.

We would be able to afford it and fill a ground of 80,000+ if we were run with ambition to try to be the best we can. Nothing more, nothing less.

They've already broken me. I truly hope we get relegated every year to the point of irrelevance - only then do I feel the fat man will leave us in peace.

Burn the place down, salt the earth and start again.

Old friend of mine who died 5 years ago had it right and he had been following the club since before WW2 ; he said they might as well knock the place down and build flats on it.

Can't see a better alternative in the foreseeable future.

That's bollocks though. Ashley won't be here forever, that's one thing we can be sure of. The way I see it, the club is in a coma rather than dead.

Like KK said, one day we will get our club back.

I did say 'the foreseeable future'....can you see a time when Ashley will go within the next 18 months..? And yes, we WILL get 'our' club back, except that it WON'T be ours - it is Ashley's now and it will be the property of whoever buys it from him so you have to hope that person is prepared to 'share' it with you and the rest of the fans.

A club is only the property of the fans when it is either full or partly owned by them ; SJH tried to offer shares in the club to the fans in 1990, and they weren't interested. Also, even when Ashley sells, we will have fallen light years behind other similarly supported clubs and now the Fair Play rules prevent mass financial outlays on players to redress the balance.

Ashley's ownership will affect the club LONG after he has departed.

stoke away had done it for me but my youngest son who has just turned 7 begged me to take to a game. i used my brothers ticket for the QPR home game for him, and the little'uns absolutely hooked.

he loves it and has been to every home game since. he loves the atmosphere, the build up and we even have a little match-day routine now. he's hyper after a match - win, lose or draw, he just loves it. all he does is trawl the internet for toon games to watch and smash anything in sight around the house pretending to be cisse/cabella/perez. he has now asked if i would take him to an away game.

i'm gutted as was going to cancel my season ticket this month. what's even more gutting is his love of perez and i know for a fact come the summer he's going to be heartbroken when we sell him.

My son was in tears when we sold Cabaye. 

Hardly surprising as he is only 22....

Joke, he was 8 at the time!

It is hard to explain subjectively to a child that the club will do this over and again to the best players because financials are more important that having a good team, they just see the team as being everything and cannot understand that the owner would sell good players.....    I tried to explain that Ashley is a cunt without actually saying those words, I think he gets it now but, like many other kids he will be gutted when Aarons goes, when Perez goes and what seems a lot more imminent when Sissoko goes in the summer....