sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Krul - 6 almost conceded with his butter fingers

Santon - 5.5 didn't deal with the crosses very well

Williamson - 5 didn't deal with the strikers at all

Dummett - 4 no way ready for the PL, inexperience & the occasion got to him today

Debuchy - 6.5 good play for the goal

Cabaye - 5 didn't control the midfield

Tiote - 7 probably our best player

Ben Arfa - 4 turbo s***

Gouffran - 4 turbo s***

Remy - 4 turbo s*** and subbed

Subs

Cisse - 4 did nothing

Shola - 5 held the ball up well

Sammy - N/A

Harsh on Gouffran. he gave everything and defended well wherever he was, winning headers etc. But maybe he went missing going forward.

We weren't that bad but we just cracked under the pressure. Defensively we were ok but going forward we did look clueless at times with Cisse/Remy/Ben Arfa and Gouffran not getting near the penalty box enough. I think a draw was a fair result in footballing terms but they maybe showed more determination and guile to deserve all 3 points. I just hope that we didn't kickstart their season  :rant:

You must have been watching a different game to me.

To be fair to dummet he is not a fucking cb and shouldn't be playing there. Certainly not a premier league cb. Pardew Absolutely fed him to the wolves today and should have protected him more by putting santon in the middle, who at least has first team experience there and could take the flack from a bad performance. He has risked potentially ruining a promising player today.

Pardew doesn't believe in anything he does.

How on earth can the players be expected to.

Goes on all week about the 4-3-3 etc. and then changes everything in 20 mins.

The players have no chance under this guy.

This is very true. He is the definition of spineless, with no conviction in anything he does, or any faith in his players. If he stumbles on to something, and it works, he'll keep doing it until it doesn't work and then he'll change to something else.

So aimless and rudderless. No professional pride or integrity. There are no redeeming qualities about him, really.

I know that in decades to come, I'm going to hate talking about this generation of football because people will slag off the likes of Sissoko, HBA and probably others too -and each performance and the reaction to these players after every performance is like propaganda before my very eyes - "HBA is overrated" etc., as though quality players are like wind-up toys that you can wind-up and drop into any position on the pitch in any function and expect them to drive forward at breakneck speed, operating in isolation from what's around them.

Ungodly infuriating.

I'd rather we had no talented players than watch them under Pardew sometimes, I really do.

We concede today and just panic, trying long shot after long shot. Individuals taking on too much by themselves getting crowded out, getting kicked and hacked by the neanderthal mackems. So fucking brainless. There's no point thinking about which individuals we can sign in the summer, what personnel we should deploy from game to game etc because it honestly won't matter if Pardew is at the helm.

This is very true. He is the definition of spineless, with no conviction in anything he does, or any faith in his players. If he stumbles on to something, and it works, he'll keep doing it until it doesn't work and then he'll change to something else.

So aimless and rudderless. No professional pride or integrity. There are no redeeming qualities about him, really.

I know that in decades to come, I'm going to hate talking about this generation of football because people will slag off the likes of Sissoko, HBA and probably others too -and each performance and the reaction to these players after every performance is like propaganda before my very eyes - "HBA is overrated" etc., as though quality players are like wind-up toys that you can wind-up and drop into any position on the pitch in any function and expect them to drive forward at breakneck speed, operating in isolation from what's around them.

Ungodly infuriating.

I'd rather we had no talented players than watch them under Pardew sometimes, I really do.

We concede today and just panic, trying long shot after long shot. Individuals taking on too much by themselves getting crowded out, getting kicked and hacked by the neanderthal mackems. So fucking brainless. There's no point thinking about which individuals we can sign in the summer, what personnel we should deploy from game to game etc because it honestly won't matter if Pardew is at the helm.

Yep.

To be fair to dummet he is not a fucking cb and shouldn't be playing there. Certainly not a premier league cb. Pardew Absolutely fed him to the wolves today and should have protected him more by putting santon in the middle, who at least has first team experience there and could take the flack from a bad performance. He has risked potentially ruining a promising player today.

He has shown numerous times that he knows absolutely nothing about bringing youngsters into the team.

Guest firetotheworks

Krul 4

Debuchy 6

Dummet 4

Williamson 5

Santon 6

HBA 5

Sissoko 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 5

Gouffran 5

Remy 4

Cisse 2

Shola 5

To be fair to dummet he is not a f***ing cb and shouldn't be playing there. Certainly not a premier league cb. Pardew Absolutely fed him to the wolves today and should have protected him more by putting santon in the middle, who at least has first team experience there and could take the flack from a bad performance. He has risked potentially ruining a promising player today.

Not sure if Santon playing CB is a good idea  :lol:

Ungodly infuriating.

Yep.

:sadnod:

To be forced to play Dummett/Williamson as a CB partnership in a match like this...

Occasion was too big for Dummett, hopefully it provides a huge learning platform but it could very easily stunt his budding confidence. Hope he's managed well.

Genuinely baffled by what the tactics even were when we had the ball. He must have told them something, but what?

"Give it to Cabaye or Ben Arfa then DO NOT MOVE WITHOUT THE BALL! Let them have a go from 30 yards. Should work well."

Ungodly infuriating.

We concede today and just panic, trying long shot after long shot. Individuals taking on too much by themselves getting crowded out, getting kicked and hacked by the neanderthal mackems. So f***ing brainless. There's no point thinking about which individuals we can sign in the summer, what personnel we should deploy from game to game etc because it honestly won't matter if Pardew is at the helm.

If only our football was as good as this post  O0

I've never disliked a squad of our players more than this lot.

I can't agree.. I think you would have a completely different opinion if we had someone worthy of snagging this club coaching the players. A better manager would change our players in a matter of days.

As if we didn't buy a fucking centre-back, man.

I mean, sure, had we not been shit-scared and not invited them onto us - Willo/Dummett mightn't have been as precarious a option. But you can't go into any Premier League game with that pairing. A left-back from the academy and a very poor defender. Terrible situation.

Krul - 6 Shakey moment otherwise ok

Debuchy - 6 good goal but don't think he stopped enough crosses

Willo - 6 poor start but got better

Dummet - 5 Not a premier league quality CB nor would expect to be

Santon - 6 Terrible passing start of game, improved and carried threat later

Tiote - 7 Like Liverpool much improved in some ways, and also to blame in run up to goal 2.

Cabaye - 5 Got a yellow too quickly, didn't impose himself in middle as he normally does

Gouffran - 2 barely featured

Sissoko - 4 nothing worthwhile

Ben Arfa - 2 Uterly useless throughout

Remy - 2 Carried no threat

Cisse - 0 Absolutely no influence on the game

Shola - 5 Tried, bullied their defence a bit

Sammy - n/a

As if we didn't buy a f***ing centre-back, man.

I mean, sure, had we not been s***-scared and not invited them onto us - Willo/Dummett mightn't have been as precarious a option. But you can't go into any Premier League game with that pairing. A left-back from the academy and a very poor defender. Terrible situation.

This problem, and problems we face later in the season can all be traced back to the summer of 2013.

Why the hell did we think we didn't urgently need new players!?