NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

can't believe a little march has got him so riled that he has banned the local newspapers,  its not even like the protest march was vitriolic and demanding he sell up straight away,  while the ideal scenario is he does leave one of the aims of the march was a plea for the club to show some AMBITION and act like a football club of our size should.

The MAOC had only being up and running about 6 weeks and from what i heard from speaking to them would have been delighted if they had got 1000 to turn up, anything over 500 would have been a success for them.

The club might be in for a shock now when the next ones comes round and could be quite vitriolic!!

Yep, it's funny how the march was clearly in reaction to a lack of ambition, and the club pinpoint 2 positives that have precisely fuck-all to do with ambition:

We could never dream of generating this level of coverage, over such an extended time-frame, for some of our positive news such as some of the fantastic work undertaken by our Foundation in the local community which benefits so many or the recent announcement of reciprocal ticket pricing for away fans which received a fraction of the coverage of the march.

If people really don't think protests or marches won't do anything after this then there's really no hope. It's gotten a reaction out of them, ride that wave as long as possible and see if you can get more. It's most likely not going to drive Ashley out, but why not at least try? If a few hundred people can cause local papers to get banned, maybe a few thousand can do more. There's a real chance here, I'll be really disappointed if we don't at least try and take it.

the only thing that could have chance of affecting him is a complete 100% boycott of St James which being realistic is never going to happen. And frankly I'm not sure even that would have any affect not with the huge premier league cash on offer it dilutes the impact of gates on the income and the more likely impact would simply be further costs cuts and he waiting until he finds someone to meet his asking price and not budging an inch til then.

I disagree here. If our home gates were slashed down to 20k even 30k, there would be a lot of empty seats and the mainstream televized media (Sky, BT, Jazeera etc..) will pick it up and run with it. It will make it a global issue (as the PL is now), and make our case against Ashley even more prominent than Villa's with Ellis or Blackburn's with Venkys. It doesn't have to be a 100% boycott imo.

Fucking awful strategic move from the club but then you've only got to look at the bellends who put their name to that Taylor letter to realise how it came about.

I mean seriously, in 2013, we are allowing Joe Fucking Kinnear a voice, an influence in how a modern day football club is ran. Fuck me.

Division 2 manager, Wimbledon relic and the worlds tightest billionaire who also happens to hate criticism and geordies. Well, I wonder how they managed to misjudge that one?

Say all you like about Freddie Shepherd but, as thick as he was, even he realised you have to have the local press in your pocket.

It would make the clubs life so much easier to have a 2 way relationship with the local rags, if even just to cover over their endless fuck ups.

Hopefully the papers go all out to give them stick. I'd like to see some more challenging of AP's lies.

They could create a fan rebellion just based on those alone, never mind JFK's mindless nonsense.

It would be fantastic to see some objective reporting on the club and the way in which Ashley's reign has gone.

If he's that arsed about a few pages about a nothing march, fuck only knows how he'll take to personal criticism and the stoking of fans feelings ahead of the imminent defeats.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1055760/Breaking-point-Under-Ashley-puts-crisis-club-Newcastle-sale.html

The last time he tried to sell.

'You don't need to demonstrate against me again because I have got the message,' Ashley said.

I think it does to get to him, clearly as he reacted so strongly to the coverage. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that enough protesting and vitriol would force his hand again.

When you pair this with the banning and Pardew's words on GoS a few weeks ago he comes across as a bloke with incredibly thin skin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1055760/Breaking-point-Under-Ashley-puts-crisis-club-Newcastle-sale.html

'You don't need to demonstrate against me again because I have got the message,' Ashley said.

I think it does to get to him, clearly as he reacted so strongly to the coverage. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that enough protesting and vitriol would force his hand again.

same issue remains now as it did then the lack of a buyer.

It's yet another incredibly naive reaction by Ashley et al, they act like some weird bully archetype who tries to make friends by repeatedly punching people in the face.  But the fact that the local media might actually now take the gloves off & start criticising the club & piss poor performances of the last 15+ months almost make this worse in my eyes. 

They've all seen how bad we've been but they've been quite happy to tread softly so they won't lose access.  They've been doing a piss poor job of doing anything resembling critical reporting for the last few years and now they've lost access anyway.  So now they might actually do the job they should have been doing for years.  Great, but they're still a bunch of arse-licking shitehawks who will probably be doing everything possible behind the scenes to regain their access to the club and will be right to their light-touch non-critical approach as soon as the club let them back through the doors.

Like I said earlier, I'd be quite happy just to upset the fucker.

Maybe it's more the terms than the lack of interest. I wouldn't touch the club unless Ashley was completely out of the picture, meaning you'd have to buy the club AND pay off it's debt to him.

If the deal was that he'd be paid back over time, you can imagine that negative influence/power in the background would put many off.

I think best case scenario at this point is that his chopper takes a dive, preferably when he's giving JFK a lift home one night.

If people really don't think protests or marches won't do anything after this then there's really no hope. It's gotten a reaction out of them, ride that wave as long as possible and see if you can get more. It's most likely not going to drive Ashley out, but why not at least try? If a few hundred people can cause local papers to get banned, maybe a few thousand can do more. There's a real chance here, I'll be really disappointed if we don't at least try and take it.

the only thing that could have chance of affecting him is a complete 100% boycott of St James which being realistic is never going to happen. And frankly I'm not sure even that would have any affect not with the huge premier league cash on offer it dilutes the impact of gates on the income and the more likely impact would simply be further costs cuts and he waiting until he finds someone to meet his asking price and not budging an inch til then.

I disagree here. If our home gates were slashed down to 20k even 30k, there would be a lot of empty seats and the mainstream televized media (Sky, BT, Jazeera etc..) will pick it up and run with it. It will make it a global issue (as the PL is now), and make our case against Ashley even more prominent than Villa's with Ellis or Blackburn's with Venkys. It doesn't have to be a 100% boycott imo.

Even that would be exceptionally difficult to pull off as the most likely reaction based on last few years is they'd simply lower ticket prices to get more people to come.

There's nothing we can do about that, but at least we can make him uncomfortable about hiring out of work sales reps and clowns and giving them crucial positions at our club.

Like I said earlier, I'd be quite happy just to upset the fucker.

Yeah, I don't think the ultimate goal needs to be getting Ashley out, because that's only going to happen if there's a buyer. He'll definitely be forced to rethink things if attendance dips, if that's the best we can hope for then that's good enough for me.

Maybe it's more the terms than the lack of interest. I wouldn't touch the club unless Ashley was completely out of the picture, meaning you'd have to buy the club AND pay off it's debt to him.

If the deal was that he'd be paid back over time, you can imagine that negative influence/power in the background would put many off.

I think best case scenario at this point is that his chopper takes a dive, preferably when he's giving JFK a lift home one night.

I simply think its a lack of interest, for example Everton have been a good premier league side competing mostly in the top half of the prem- European spots for the last 10 years, an old club with a proud history and to take a modern football term a decent brand (ugh) and have been trying to sell for quite a while if you believe Kenwright and co yet no ones bought it, I can't see a scenario at present where Ashley will sell for anything less than every penny he put into buying the club etc which is a rather large amount.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mike Ashley is our pimp and we are all his bitches, the fact people still go into his stores and spend money there says it all. He is even welcome at the ground he renamed and allowed to remain even though he relegated us. If this was Liverpool there would be hell on, same with Man Utd. Us lot though are the biggest cowards, gobshites and bunch of fannies around. We bicker and moan between ourselves and even mock one another when it comes to making a stand. He may as well change the name because we certainly aren't Newcastle UNITED. The man is a serial piss taker, laughing at us. We are mugs. We berate our players, the manager for their failings yet it us the fans who are the biggest failures and the ones who are doing the most damage by supporting this regime. We are pathetic :lol:

There's nothing we can do about that, but at least we can make him uncomfortable about hiring out of work sales reps and clowns and giving them crucial positions at our club.

This! I always have this argument with a couple of fans who are happy to accept Pardew as manager because "Ashley's the real problem". Of course Ashley is the real problem but it doesn't mean we have to accept a lying fraud as manager of this club. Ashley owns NUFC and will sell when he sees fit. Fine. He wants to run the playing squad on a shoe-string. Fine. At least hire someone who can actually do something with this squad of relatively talented players ffs.

We need to protest against Pardew more than protesting against Ashley imo. He won't just pack it in and leave quietly. He has a business to sell and money to recoup. But we can force a rinky dink scrapheap manager out and hope that MA hires someone who can a) speak English, and b) play players in their correct positions for a start.

Mike Ashley is our pimp and we are all his bitches, the fact people still go into his stores and spend money there says it all. He is even welcome at the ground he renamed and allowed to remain even though he relegated us. If this was Liverpool there would be hell on, same with Man Utd. Us lot though are the biggest cowards, gobshites and bunch of fannies around. We bicker and moan between ourselves and even mock one another when it comes to making a stand. He may as well change the name because we certainly aren't Newcastle UNITED. The man is a serial piss taker, laughing at us. We are mugs. We berate our players, the manager for their failings yet it us the fans who are the biggest failures and the ones who are doing the most damage by supporting this regime. We are pathetic :lol:

The petty squabbling that takes place among our fans really gets on my tit ends, especially since there's broad consensus when it comes to Ashley. Far too many egos and too many vested interests.

This! I always have this argument with a couple of fans who are happy to accept Pardew as manager because "Ashley's the real problem". Of course Ashley is the real problem but it doesn't mean we have to accept a lying fraud as manager of this club. Ashley owns NUFC and will sell when he sees fit. Fine. He wants to run the playing squad on a shoe-string. Fine. At least hire someone who can actually do something with this squad of relatively talented players ffs.

We need to protest against Pardew more than protesting against Ashley imo. He won't just pack it in and leave quietly. He has a business to sell and money to recoup. But we can force a rinky dink scrapheap manager out and hope that MA hires someone who can a) speak English, and b) play players in their correct positions for a start.

Pretty much why I'm always camped in the Pardew thread. Fans can't force interest from a buyer for the club, but we can refuse to accept a useless cunt of a manager/DOF.

It seems our media department have never heard of the Streisand effect. :D

Like others, I hope the local press decide to take the gloves off now and tell it like it is. After all, they can't get banned twice. The club have monumentally fucked up here, IMO.