NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well done Mr Farrington :clap: It'll be an interesting lecture with him tomorrow.....

The problem is that as usual with journalists, the thing they get far more wound up about than anything else is someone taking their access pass away.

They'll lick the club's shoes after a string of defeats but they'll only pipe up in defiance when their own self-interest is threatened. Cunts.

:lol: You mean the very thing that enables them to do their job? No way.

There's a balance to be found. The local media, in particular, have never found it.

This can only be a good thing in the long run. The world is closing in around them and their little group is getting smaller and smaller. Paranoid actions like this are telling and I hopefully it's the beginning of the end for Ashley and all his little c*** minions.

still no buyer so don't count on it.

If he wants to sell badly enough there will be a buyer.

He won't sell at a loss so no buyer is correct.

He will if it means he gets his life back. We're just letting him off the hook way too easily. He even gets to attend our games without as much as a chant to express our dismay anymore. He shouldn't even be able to show his face anywhere near Newcastle without getting asked what the fuck he thinks he is doing to this fantastic club of ours.

Well done Mr Farrington :clap: It'll be an interesting lecture with him tomorrow.....

The problem is that as usual with journalists, the thing they get far more wound up about than anything else is someone taking their access pass away.

They'll lick the club's shoes after a string of defeats but they'll only pipe up in defiance when their own self-interest is threatened. Cunts.

That makes them not fit for purpose. A journalist's job isn't to tell the public about their own personal struggles. They haven't given a shit about the club, why should I give the slightest shit if their (unbelievably cushy job) is more difficult?

If I didn't buy the paper to read Steven Taylor's quotes, I certainly wouldn't buy it to read about that wanker Mark Douglas and what a hard time he's having filling copy. I could make a daily pull-out section about what a shambles NUFC is, so they've nothing to complain about.

This can only be a good thing in the long run. The world is closing in around them and their little group is getting smaller and smaller. Paranoid actions like this are telling and I hopefully it's the beginning of the end for Ashley and all his little c*** minions.

He will if it means he gets his life back. We're just letting him off the hook way too easily. He even gets to attend our games without as much as a chant to express our dismay anymore. He shouldn't even be able to show his face anywhere near Newcastle without getting asked what the f*** he thinks he is doing to this fantastic club of ours.

I doubt billionaire Mike keeps NUFC fans for company tbh.

Even when he goes to the games the fans don't say a word.

They'll lick the club's shoes after a string of defeats but they'll only pipe up in defiance when their own self-interest is threatened. c***s.

That makes them not fit for purpose. A journalist's job isn't to tell the public about their own personal struggles. They haven't given a s*** about the club, why should I give the slightest s*** if their (unbelievably cushy job) is more difficult?

If I didn't buy the paper to read Steven Taylor's quotes, I certainly wouldn't buy it to read about that w***** Mark Douglas and what a hard time he's having filling copy. I could make a daily pull-out section about what a shambles NUFC is, so they've nothing to complain about.

O0

He will if it means he gets his life back. We're just letting him off the hook way too easily. He even gets to attend our games without as much as a chant to express our dismay anymore. He shouldn't even be able to show his face anywhere near Newcastle without getting asked what the f*** he thinks he is doing to this fantastic club of ours.

I doubt billionaire Mike keeps NUFC fans for company tbh.

Even when he goes to the games the fans don't say a word.

My point exactly.

http://talksport.com/football/ryder-newcastles-local-press-ban-13102765719?

Chief sports writer for the Newcastle Chronicle, Lee Ryder, joined talkSPORT to explain why he and other local journalists have been forbidden from reporting on their home club.

News emerged of the local press ban from all Toon activities following their 2-1 Tyne-Wear derby defeat to rivals Sunderland.

And Ryder, who was present at the game despite the ban, told Stan on Call Collymore that he was prevented from asking questions by the club’s press team during the post-match conference.

“We already knew about that (the ban) but we didn’t want to make it public and interrupt the team’s preparation for the derby,” he told talkSPORT.

“We want Newcastle United to win every game possible and we didn’t want to cause a problem.

“We tried to ask questions in the press conference after the game but got turned down.

“The ban is quite simply because we decided to report on the supporter protest last week that went through the city, which was a peaceful protest.

“But we were told because we reported on it we were banned from using the media facilities, speaking to players and the manager.

“The Premier League know about the situation and aren’t thrilled by the news.

“There has been no contract from the club about how we move forward on this, and I expect we won’t be able to cover the Man City game either."

Ryder on tallkshit abou the ban

Chief sports writer for the Newcastle Chronicle, Lee Ryder, joined talkSPORT to explain why he and other local journalists have been forbidden from reporting on their home club.

News emerged of the local press ban from all Toon activities following their 2-1 Tyne-Wear derby defeat to rivals Sunderland.

And Ryder, who was present at the game despite the ban, told Stan on Call Collymore that he was prevented from asking questions by the club’s press team during the post-match conference.

“We already knew about that (the ban) but we didn’t want to make it public and interrupt the team’s preparation for the derby,” he told talkSPORT.

“We want Newcastle United to win every game possible and we didn’t want to cause a problem.

“We tried to ask questions in the press conference after the game but got turned down.

“The ban is quite simply because we decided to report on the supporter protest last week that went through the city, which was a peaceful protest.

“But we were told because we reported on it we were banned from using the media facilities, speaking to players and the manager.

“There has been no contract from the club about how we move forward on this, and I expect we won’t be able to cover the Man City game either."

Ashley is either incredibly thin-skinned or just does not give a fuck that people will now laugh at him even more because of his childish petulance. Whatever the answer he is undoubtedly a totally childish and pathetic tit!

Ashley is either incredibly thin-skinned or just does not give a f*** that people will now laugh at him even more because of his childish petulance. Whatever the answer he is undoubtedly a totally childish and pathetic tit!

He doesn't give a fuck.

Billions have that affect, we really are just another one of his businesses

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 2m

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN REQUISITIONED.

ALL HAIL MIKE ASHLEY, KING OF SHIRTS, LORD OF FOOTBALL.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 48s

ALL HAIL LORD ASHLEY'S BRAVE SPORTS DIRECT UNITED, WHO SUCCESSFULLY DEFEATED THEIR FOES BY SCORING ONLY ONE GOAL FEWER.

So they reported on something the club didn't want to be printed? It wasn't the way they reported it?

Fucking pathetic.

Ryder says the Premier League are aware of the situation, I'm not sure there is anything they'd be able to do.

@MikeAshley

I'm a petty fucking wanker who loves nothing more than being in charge because I'm a cunt.

@mikeashley 2h

Smoked a pork shoulder this weekend, and it turned out great. Only thing missing is a Colts game.