Newcastle United 2 - 1 Norwich City - 23/11/13 - Post-match reaction from p31

Mike

Didn't think anyone had a poor game really, although as usual Tiote had me chewing my fist in frustration at times. He wouldn't make my first team personally.

Our mentality was summed up when Remy went clear on his own midway through the second half, was pushed wide and turned to look for support. Sissoko was lightly jogging up as if we'd just won a corner and everyone else was in our half.

:thup: One or two at least should've been busting a gut to get up in support.

Didn't think anyone had a poor game really, although as usual Tiote had me chewing my fist in frustration at times. He wouldn't make my first team personally.

Our mentality was summed up when Remy went clear on his own midway through the second half, was pushed wide and turned to look for support. Sissoko was lightly jogging up as if we'd just won a corner and everyone else was in our half.

I'd have had Tiote off before the hour mark and I wouldn't have taken the Gouff off at all.

I thought MYM was class personally. Dealt with everything that came his way, a lot of interceptions

Aye he was very good, i think the only poor part was letting Redmond inside on his right foot to get a shot away. Krul bollocked him, didn't happen again.

Although I agree, that was a massive, massive error mind. Shambolic defending of which a better player would likely have benefitted from.

It shows how composed he is on the ball when he plays at FB.

Won't happen but I'd revert him to CB and drop Colo for WBA.

I thought MYM was class personally. Dealt with everything that came his way, a lot of interceptions

Aye he was very good, i think the only poor part was letting Redmond inside on his right foot to get a shot away. Krul bollocked him, didn't happen again.

Although I agree, that was a massive, massive error mind. Shambolic defending of which a better player would likely have benefitted from.

I would as well.

I think Colo gets off very lightly with the San Lorenzo shite when you compare it to the flack Cabaye got for having his head turned in the summer.

I would as well.

I think Colo gets off very lightly with the San Lorenzo shite when you compare it to the flack Cabaye got for having his head turned in the summer.

Perhaps, although moving home to be with family (allegedly) opposed to moving to a bigger club for carer gain doesn't equal for me.

Guest bimpy474

The Colo, MYM, Willo selection next Saturday is going to be intriguing.

The mental thing is that Willo is the only definite pick of the 3!

Fuck me, you're right :lol:

:lol: holy shit

Fair play to Willo, he's nailed a spot when many of us were calling for his head.

Let hope he can keep this up :thup:

f*** me, you're right :lol:

I've been saying this for a few weeks now as well. Willo, for all his limitations is the only one who we can count on to keep the back 4 organized.

Personally, its Debuchy-Willo-MYM-Santon next match.

Got away with that one.

Result shouldn't have even been in question with 15 minutes to play. Why we can't simply go out and try to score more goals to finish a team off, rather than just sit and hand the initiative/momentum to a poor team, I don't know. Scoring a third would have killed that game stone dead and we could have done whatever we liked - rest a few legs, give a young player a bit of pitch-time etc. But no, we're just content to sit, hold our shape, go negative as f*** and allow the opposition time and space to create problems. It's happened time and time again, sometimes we get away with it and sometimes we don't, we got away with it today. Drag 11 men back to defend a corner and still allow him a free header without any c*** on the post.

f*** off man.

:clap:

As predicted, tight scrappy game but 3 points. Another good 45 followed by a poor 45, worrying once again but 3 points once again makes everyone happy. Fancy a more entertaining game against WB but not as confident of the three points but things are looking very exciting now we are chasing 4 wins in a row.

As predicted, tight scrappy game but 3 points. Another good 45 followed by a poor 45, worrying once again but 3 points once again makes everyone happy. Fancy a more entertaining game against WB but not as confident of the three points but things are looking very exciting now we are chasing 4 wins in a row.

:llorente?:

Shola showed why he deserved to start today and why Pardew was right. I wanted him dropped for hba today but credit to Shola, thought he was excellent! 4-4-2 is really suiting us and shola is playing his part. I'm happy for shola to start now next week, he has proven himself after today that he is effective in our side atm!

Shola showed why he deserved to start today and why Pardew was right. I wanted him dropped for hba today but credit to Shola, thought he was excellent! 4-4-2 is really suiting us and shola is playing his part. I'm happy for shola to start now next week, he has proven himself after today that he is effective in our side atm!

Only question for Saturday will be what happens at RB/CB.

Wasn't my point. I bolded the words "everyone happy" and I don't think everyone is happy  :lol:.

Shola was fantastic in the first half, a really great performance.