Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would someone better do a better job though?

Jesus Christ :lol:

Seriously, how far do you have to be up Alan Pardews arse to post this sentence with a straight face?

It's a reasonable question. I think we'd struggle to find a better manager who would work under the restrictions placed on Pardew and meet Ashley's liking.

"Restrictions". There'd be tons of managers who'd give their right bollock to work with that squad and manage the players we've signed the last 3-4 years. 

"and meets Ashley's liking".

Quite crucial that bit. The idea that we sack Pardew and instantly upgrade is plain f***ing wrong, particularly if what I've been told about our first choice replacement should Pardew leave is true  :pardsgrin:

Well someone needs to at least ask the question - what have you been told? The upper end of the possibles may be  someone like Di Matteo, although as I type that I'm riddled with doubt because he's a bit foreign. I'm guessing that the lower end might include Kinnear but also the likes of O'Leary, Curbishley, or maybe another attempt to capture Geordie hearts with Lee Clark? Gonna tell us what you heard?

I've heard a 'dirty' name mentioned too..........

Dirty Harry? Surely not....too far north and would not work with any DOF let alone Kinnear. Any other dirty names out there?

Going strictly by what he's done so far at Everton, would give anything to see that commitment, ambition and the attacking, gung-ho play he's installed at that club in such a short period of time. The players seem to have more self-belief than they did under Moyes.

Joey Barton (on BT Sport) has just questioned Pardew's negative tactics on getting dumped out of the cup by Stevenage a couple of years back. Reckons that his switch from 2 up front in the first half (when we were 1-0) up to only 1 man up front in the second half cost us the game (they beat us 2-1).

He specifically mentioned Pardew as being culpable. Not saying that Barton is any kind of tactical genius himself mind and he probably is still bitter about being sold but just thought it was an interesting comment from a former Pardew player.

Joey Barton (on BT Sport) has just questioned Pardew's negative tactics on getting dumped out of the cup by Stevenage a couple of years back. Reckons that his switch from 2 up front in the first half (when we were 1-0) up to only 1 man up front in the second half cost us the game (they beat us 2-1).

He specifically mentioned Pardew as being culpable. Not saying that Barton is any kind of tactical genius himself mind and he probably is still bitter about being sold but just thought it was an interesting comment from a former Pardew player.

Can't be true, I was under the impression the players naturally drop back in second halves under pardew like

Well we were 2-0 down, so that's a bit odd. And they beat us 3-1. Good memories, Joey.