Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why on earth would Ashley want to bin Pardew? He's literally doing a perfect job for him.

Wouldn't amaze me if he's actually pretty pleased about all this; it'll probably get Sports Direct some bonus TV coverage.

Probably fuming that it didn't happen at home.

Was watching the Souness and Shearer interviews, bit surprised they were so critical tbh, rather than the usual old pros circling the wagons - obviously no love lost there.

Thought the incident was a bit of nothing much really - overwhelming reaction in the pub was cheering and people pissing themselves laughing.

No but it's a close run thing. Terrible behaviour.

Obviously I Don't subscribe to the preposterous but popular notion that "anyone" would be better than Pardew and will expect his replacement to be more of the same/worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2571060/Alan-Shearer-Graeme-Souness-Gary-Lineker-Robbie-Savage-lay-Alan-Pardew-headbutt-incident.html

Go to 37secs on the video, where he's asked about the comments from Shearer and Souness. He looks and sounds a bit shocked.

Nah the only thing I got from the look on his face was, "them c***s" he was saying in his head at the time.

Pardew doesn't have to help Meyler get the ball, so Meyler clearly started the incident by pushing Pardew (relatively strongly btw). However Pardew then going in with his head afterwards as Meyler passes him is completely ridiculous, and turned what could have easily been a red card for Meyler into this shitstorm. Thick as fuck.

100% correct. Needed to just think for a split second and step back. In mitigation was probably quite ruffled by the force of the push which was totally unnecessary.

Was watching the Souness and Shearer interviews, bit surprised they were so critical tbh, rather than the usual old pros circling the wagons - obviously no love lost there.

Thought the incident was a bit of nothing much really - overwhelming reaction in the pub was cheering and people pissing themselves laughing.

Souness is just a media whore now and talks shit from dawn to dusk. Nearly started a riot in Turkey with his antics.

Shouldnt get sacked for attempting to lay a stitch on a player?? Fckin hell lol.

Whislt I find it hilarious its also awful behavior.  He already has a bad reputation but this time he crossed the line. 

Guest diddimz

My first reaction was its not a sackable offence players do worse on the field and its a rare day we call for their head.

As manager though he should be held to a higher standard he dictates the attitude to the squad, what is and isn't acceptable, ultimately the manager should be the ultimate embodiment of the club. When he does something stupid like that it undermines his entire position, it tells players what they can do as he's done it, and it drags our clubs name through the dirt. Whether he gets the sack or not, in my opinion he's lost all right he had to represent us in any form now.

Guest neesy111

The number of self righteous t%%s on this board is amazing. I guess Remy should face the firing squad too?

Ohh dear.

:facepalm:

He went up in my estimation. Didn't think he cared that much. ;)

The number of self righteous t%%s on this board is amazing. I guess Remy should face the firing squad too?

I genuinely thought it was hilarious and couldn't give a fuck.

Doesn't stop me hoping it gets him sacked.