Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proper weird people saying it's "passion" like. The bloke's unhinged, which I knew already from years of reading the mad s*** he talks.

He totally lost control and attacked a footballer, that's not passion.

Proper weird people saying it's "passion" like. The bloke's unhinged, which I knew already from years of reading the mad s*** he talks.

He totally lost control and attacked a footballer, that's not passion.

passion is an often used as a pathetic excuse for bad behaviour, I remember some punditry on the football league show when one guy brought up "Leeds have had 6 red cards in 5 games, do you think they have a disciplinary problem" "no i don't think so they're just passionate"  :lol:

Just to clarify, I'm not condoning it, it shouldn't have happened and given his past exploits it's time he went, but I do think the incident is gaining a higher momentum because it's a story from our circus act and not a club from Dahn Sahf or one of the media darlings in Manchester. That's the only thing that gets my back up.

Guest neesy111

Is it me or does Linekar seem very angry :lol:

He's not the only one within the game who is. It's weird really, they normally all stick up for each other.

They are working with each other in the summer as well. :lol:

Guest BenArfa10

Forgive my ignorance but what are the chances that he is going to leave the club over this? Are the media trying to get him fired and will that work? Is the incident that serious that he is going to have to resign or be sacked? Will this blow over with him getting a 5-10 game touchline ban and a hefty fine with nothing more said? Of course Willie Donachie left the club a few weeks ago for allegedly striking Remie Streete in training so I really don't see how this incident differs. Does Pardew HAVE to go?

I don't really like the guy but I hate the instability which sacking a manager brings. Although with the stated changes for the summer on the horizon, now would be a decent time for a change, or maybe leave it until the end of the season. It is very unlikely he is going to be seen on our bench again this season anyway, whether he leaves or is suspended. The club might actually just do that, suspend him and stick Carver, Stone and maybe even Beardsley on the bench for the remaining games. I honestly don't see it making that much of a difference to how we play. We may be more adventurous.

I can certainly see where people are coming from when they say that his authority over disciplinary issues will be severely undermined after this. It was completely out of order and because it is not the first time he has been involved in this type of incident I fear he is going to come out very worse for wear from it.

Honestly I really do think the media are overreacting. It's silly and embarrassing but you'd think he'd stripped himself naked on camera or something.

I might even be offended if it was a manager I liked.

Mmmmmm think of those savings :lol:

My very first thought. :lol:

@NUFCOfficial

BREAKING: Alan Pardew has accepted a formal warning from #NUFC in relation to his behaviour today and also a Club fine of £100,000

Guest neesy111

It's not a overreaction.

Name the last time you seen a manager do that?  He's the figure head for a professional football club, it's totally embarrassing for the game in general.

Newcastle United are disappointed with the actions of its manager Alan Pardew this afternoon (Saturday, 1st March).

His behaviour was unacceptable and is not the behaviour we expect from the manager of Newcastle United.

It is most disappointing that this incident has taken the focus away from what was a fantastic performance by the team and an excellent result away from home which leaves the club in eighth place in the Barclays Premier League.

Sadly, the headlines tomorrow will not be focused on the result or the efforts of the players, but instead on the actions of our manager.

Alan unreservedly apologised immediately following the game to the player, to Hull City Football Club and its fans, and to the fans of Newcastle United.

We have held discussions this evening with Alan who has offered his sincere apologies to the Club and it is clear he deeply regrets his actions. Alan has accepted a formal warning from the Club in relation to his behaviour today and also a Club fine of £100,000.

The Club is now drawing a line under this matter and will be making no further comment.

Guest palnese

Mmmmmm think of those savings :lol:

My very first thought. :lol:

@NUFCOfficial

BREAKING: Alan Pardew has accepted a formal warning from #NUFC in relation to his behaviour today and also a Club fine of £100,000

Not getting sacked then :anguish:

Newcastle United are disappointed with the actions of its manager Alan Pardew this afternoon (Saturday, 1st March).

His behaviour was unacceptable and is not the behaviour we expect from the manager of Newcastle United.

It is most disappointing that this incident has taken the focus away from what was a fantastic performance by the team and an excellent result away from home which leaves the club in eighth place in the Barclays Premier League.

Sadly, the headlines tomorrow will not be focused on the result or the efforts of the players, but instead on the actions of our manager.

Alan unreservedly apologised immediately following the game to the player, to Hull City Football Club and its fans, and to the fans of Newcastle United.

We have held discussions this evening with Alan who has offered his sincere apologies to the Club and it is clear he deeply regrets his actions. Alan has accepted a formal warning from the Club in relation to his behaviour today and also a Club fine of £100,000.

The Club is now drawing a line under this matter and will be making no further comment.

Wew.