Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

People are mixing up style with attitude or ethos. Although we were more direct under Hughton, his sides were nowhere near as negative as Pardew's.

A rigid 451 away from home ?

People are mixing up style with attitude or ethos. Although we were more direct under Hughton, his sides were nowhere near as negative as Pardew's.

Yes that's a fair comment.

Agree with this.  We played a bit of a mixed style under Hughton, there's no way it was all hoof balls and knock downs though - at our best we played some really entertaining football, some of it direct and some of it on the deck.  You could say the same for Bobby Robson's teams, not that I'm saying that Hughton's wasn't more direct.

You could argue we've played better football this season in terms of keeping it on the deck (if you think that's all that there is to it - I don't) but back then we had less technically adept players but wouldn't often sit on a lead, and were generally involved in more entertaining games.

Sorry don't think there was much that was mixed about the football under Hughton. We may have had a more attacking philosophy but the football was long ball, set piece and knock downs. It worked with what we had though....

I bolded the key part. With that squad it would have been stupid to do anything else. There were signs that he wanted to move to a more footballing style though with the attempted purchase of Victor Moses and Ben Arfa. In any case, the point is, he used the squad he had in a manner which played to their strengths. Something which I'd argue is Pardew's biggest failing.

I do have a lot of doubt that he had much to do with Ben Arfa arriving, or any player transactions for that matter.

Ben Arfa cited Hughton as one of the key reasons he wanted to come to Newcastle IIRC.

wonder how he's spent the last few days since citeh put 6 past west ham?  here's an exclusive shot of him coming into training yesterday to explain his ideas:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A3Nx2Mnjv28/Tq9lJoe2tPI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/sTo7AAcLhOE/s400/tumblr_lmg3ck8mRZ1qc63sno1_500.jpg

Moaning about the UEFA cup schedule again and wants it to be looked at. Whats the difference between Wednesday - Saturday for Champions League and Thursday - Sunday for UEFA cup. Apparently the stats back it up  :knuppel2:

Wigan will be playing more games than most this season and I dont hear them complaining much and also Villa-Boas was not complaining to much.

In the same interview he also says his aim is to attack every game  :rolleyes:

Moaning about the UEFA cup schedule again and wants it to be looked at. Whats the difference between Wednesday - Saturday for Champions League and Thursday - Sunday for UEFA cup. Apparently the stats back it up  :knuppel2:

Wigan will be playing more games than most this season and I dont hear them complaining much and also Villa-Boas was not complaining to much.

In the same interview he also says his aim is to attack every game  :rolleyes:

He's possibly full of shite.

Guest bimpy474

I'm thinking he's got a bet on with the other coaches at this point.

I bet they have, about his ego not letting him admit he got something wrong.

I'm thinking he's got a bet on with the other coaches at this point.

something about Pardew's whole reign that seems like based on wagers

Ashley betting "I bet i can appoint Pardew and not go down"

Pardew: "I bet i can get to 5th place even while playing obertan and Shola a lot"

Shola: "I bet I can get more caps than Hatem"

Cabaye: "I bet I can trick Mathieu into joining this circus"

Guest Haris Vuckic

It'll be tomorrow soon, and we'll have to deal with this guy's horse s****.

Wonder what nonsense he'll concoct to "contain" Man City. Tit.

Aye we should really be beating Man City.

It'll be tomorrow soon, and we'll have to deal with this guy's horse shite.

To be fair he's got a relatively decent record against the top teams at home in the league. Probably because he sees them as a write-off and that we have nothing to lose etc.

Guest bimpy474

Aye we should really be beating Man City.

You know it's not that. It's about how we approach the game, how we compete, and not surrendering like cowards like we have against them in the past.

Personally i think we might put up quite a good showing, as it's at home like.

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be fair he's got a relatively decent record against the top teams at home in the league. Probably because he sees them as a write-off and that we have nothing to lose etc.

Aye that's it. Nowt to do with tactics.